Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have this idea to make a rear floor hatch because my amp is in there and want to give it some air. It has never gone into protection mode or overheated but just want to make sure that does not happen. And to spruce the back up a little bit.

So here is my idea. Let me know what you think. I'll make it out of 1/2" wood and scroll saw all the darker areas out to make holes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
So i have this idea to make a rear floor hatch because my amp is in there and want to give it some air.

Let me know what you think.
I like the idea and the design.

I'm not sure how much it would help dissipate heat without air flowing through it. Maybe mount a fan under each side cutout, in a push-pull configuration:undecided

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
Could be wrong but it seems to me 1/2 inch wood might trap alot of heat just because of its weight and thickness. Also, make sure you somehow finish both sides, the heat under it might cause warping. Looks cool though. Would look real cool in stainless or aluminum. Aluminum would act as a big heat sink too. lol. Also, throw some LEDs under it, it would look pretty awesome with Trailblazer lit up

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
:iagree: withe the suggestions above but still a great idea!! i'm pretty sure a lot of members would be interested in purchasing this :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I like the idea and the design.

I'm not sure how much it would help dissipate heat without air flowing through it. Maybe mount a fan under each side cutout, in a push-pull configuration:undecided
I was actually thinking of putting a fan or two in. Right in the center where there is nothing.

Could be wrong but it seems to me 1/2 inch wood might trap alot of heat just because of its weight and thickness. Also, make sure you somehow finish both sides, the heat under it might cause warping. Looks cool though. Would look real cool in stainless or aluminum. Aluminum would act as a big heat sink too. lol. Also, throw some LEDs under it, it would look pretty awesome with Trailblazer lit up
I'm defiantly am going to put led's in somewhere.

And for the finishes, depending on the quality of wood i use, is either bedliner on the under side, and staining the outside for a natural wood look, or just bedliner the whole thing.

Edit: Also if anyone wants to give me any design ideas, ideas how to light it up, or anything else just post it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.