Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in here made their own intakes? i see everyone on here seems to be buying them and spending 200+ on them. I'm planning on making my own intake out of fiberglass and carbon fiber to go a more unique route and just wondering the thoughts and designs I might need to incorporate. I've already got some ideas mapped out in my head and I just need to implement them into design once I get back from vacation.

I've done custom fiberglass trunks, audio setups, built a 30' sailboat, etc. so fiber is not new to me...

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a good idea. But I'm avoiding the metal route. also, I'd be using real carbon and resin versus an overlay. It would look much better. Also, the entire thing would be made out of fiberglass, not just a coating...

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
That would be a good idea. But I'm avoiding the metal route. also, I'd be using real carbon and resin versus an overlay. It would look much better. Also, the entire thing would be made out of fiberglass, not just a coating...
The tubing is plastic........but.....that would be sweet if you were making a custom tube using real carbon and resin!! Pics a must!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
310 Posts
electric conduit/plumbing connecters and a kand n filter

i made an intake about 3 months ago from the local homedepot

picked up some 90deg 3in tubing and had to get a long straight 3 in also

after that it was pretty much use the pieces to fit the intake, but i eliminated the stupid plastic box over the engine and had to find connector to mount all hoses

for the two on the intake itself i went to home depot and picked up some plastic and metal nipples then needed some tubing from autozone(local auto parts)

the hardest part was mounting the filter on the tube because of the size of teh tubing-had to shave some off the end so the filter would fit over(easy with a dremel)

i'll out up some pics and if you need more info search homemade cold air intake(CAI)

dont waste your money on an aftermarket kit..it real easy as long as you can figure out how to cut tubes to fit where you need it

·
Registered
23 Posts
ok u could make ur own or u can buy one thats made and designed 4 ur vehical and engine! i have a K&N CAI and it fits perfectly and works great! only 300 bones and u dont get that crapy do it ur self look from lowes or home depo! why do some thing half ass when u can do it right the first time!! and if u buy a kit it has all the fittings to properly work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts