Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Custom Hood Pad

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  06jayohTB 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever tried making a custom hood pad for a TB? I've seen pretty cool ones on a Grand prix forum I used to go to. It'd be kinda cool to have the raised silhouette of the chevy emblem on the underside of the hood when the hood is up. Just curious if anyone has seen anything like this as i don't see anything when searching

#4 ·
Found a Supplier...Judging Interest...

Ok guys, I'd like to judge interest in a custom hood liner for the TrailVoys. I have been in discussion with a supplier that makes a nice looking liner from Aircraft Firewall Material, which won't soak up oil or anything, and he also uses Heat Resistant Decals. I think these would look great on the SS's in the group with a large SS under the hood, I myself would just want a white outline bowtie, but he can do most any logo you want. Let me know if there is some interest, as I have discussed taking my OEM hoodliner down to him as a template. Looks like cost would be around 113 shipped with a decal. Let me know and I'll give him an update.

Here's his pictures of cars he's already done

http://hoodliners.blogspot.com/

#12 ·
I'll ask him. He did say you can install them yourself with some 3M adhesive spray from Home Depot, you just need to take the hood off and flip it over to apply it then pop it back on, which I've never tried but assume its not that bad with some help, but I'll ask how much he'd charge to install them.

#15 ·
I was just going by what he had quoted as "local installs" on the link you provided. but if its an easy install, i can handle that. though i guess i would still be saving on the shipping if i could drive over there and just have him put it on for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.