Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Custom crate motor install..Balanced and bluprinted

7K views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  LMMJ 
#1 ·
Well guys I haven't been around in a while and there has been a reason.....

My poor Olds has had Massive coronary failure,emphysema, and been crippled with Polio.....

I threw 3 rods,piston rings and blew up my tranny...(I suppose a 200 shot will due that) :duh::bonk:

So, seeing that it needed an engine and tranny, I had been pondering an lsx swap.....Well living in Massachusetts where every inspection station has a video camera installed, and a pesky emissions control computer which communicates from the vehicles pcm to the state.....I decided to go with a 4.6 stroker motor instead fresh from Gm.....

New pistons ,rods,port and polished head, custom ground cams,mls head gasket,5 angle valve job,oversized valves,retainers, headbolts,rod bolts, stroker crank, injectors and too much too list...

Eff it here are so pics.....For those of you who know me.....I am Tapped...

I do everything in excess to perfection.,....

[

See less See more
#5 ·
Had to grab old fuel rail....New engine is returnless fuel style....

My old man inspecting the old engine as well........
We happened to notice that there were piston ring debris in the exhaust ports when we removed the intake and exhaust manifolds,,,,,ewwww:bonk:

#17 ·
I'm going to agree... BS... why are people feeling the need to lie lately on trailvoy? I call rattle-can paint job on both the "vette tranny" and this "crate motor." At best, it's a new replacement 4.2L motor. Stop trying to lie to be cool man.

#20 · (Edited)
I think they painted it them selves considering the headers and tranny are both painted black..

EDIT: I just realized your point roadie. I'm calling BS on this as well. and to think i was dumb enough to think it was real :eek:

#22 · (Edited)
reminds me of hollister guy who claimed he had a turbo envoy

one more thing i noticed on his page, some of his mods:

-egr block-offs (we have no egr)

-electronic throttlebody mod (wtf is that?)

-worlds only 4wd bravada
say bye-bye smart-trak (...right)

-sex new ign coils (you mean six..and it doesn't look much like it from the pics)

i can go on and on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.