Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My envoy brochure says SLT's come with standard passenger side curbside mirror function. Then it says Denali comes with all equipment listed for SLT, plus the following.... How come I cant find a place to activate the moving mirror function? If I read it right it is standard equipment, correct?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
It's a configuration option in the DIC menu for my Envoy SLT. I have to assume you have a Driver Information Center with the steering wheel controls.

Have you gone through the Owner's Manual? Much more detailed than the brochure. :yes:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,214 Posts
:iagree: Like Roadie said, that feature is turned on/off via the DIC, using the steering wheel buttons. From memory I believe the option reads: 'Curb Assist: XXX', where 'XXX' is toggled from OFF and ON. On earlier years, there are two options one for DS and another for PS (Driver/Passenger Side Mirrors), however the driver side option was killed off in '03 or '04, along with the auto dimming driver side mirror.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,305 Posts
:bonk:If I didn't have it (Curb Assist) it wouldn't be missed:mad:.... (posted as D/S mirror watches me from driveway, waiting to look elsewhere when I unlock the door):hissy::m2:.... I Don't Know, mebe like a faithful old Dog it's trying to tell me I'm getting Alzheimers:drool ...yeah thats it.:hopeless

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I actually have read the operators manual, it mentions it, tells how to turn it on and off (in the DIC), but it doesnt come up in my DIC. That's why I asked the question.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Oh, then we have gone down this road before. GM took it out due to problems with the mirror position sensors at the end of their travel, and only the curbside assist was sending them that far. So rather than fix the sensor or the allowable travel limiters, they just deleted it from the software running the DIC. The manual is wrong. We don't exactly know when that cutover was. The question comes up about every six months, which means our memories take longer to dredge it up. Not like the noob questions that come up the same one every three days. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.