Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. Does anyone here know the part number for the 2 small cupholder rubber inserts? I lost one and need to replace it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
Yes, $20 each at the dealership. I needed two, so I walked away from that one. They are always on Ebay, complete set for $20

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Yea I'd recommend eBay. I need another one myself as I wasn't paying attention when I was grabbing bottles out of my TB and the cupholder came out with the bottle and I accidentally threw it out...:bonk:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
I remain curious why Ebay sellers ALWAYS seem to have these rubber inserts on sale. What makes this particular part special? :confused:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
high demand?
Probably. I know I've had mine come out several times and I've almost thrown one away more times than I care to remember.
It's too bad GM didn't make them stick a little better. Like a piece of Velcro or something.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,369 Posts
now, that would make too much sense for them. This way they can rip you off for little cupholder inserts. I bet they didn't expect for eBay to pick up so much on this little part.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
That was a bad design...
But not the worst one this newb design team put in there. I swear they were given a quota of idiot newb mistakes to make, and were really digging the bottom of the barrel when they ended up sticking us with these cup holders.

The real biggies are a lot more annoying - differential bolted to the side of the oil pan, unique wheel stud pattern, no PCV valve so the throttle bodies gunk up, erratic 4WD modules, the Megafuse studs that look like jump starting points. :hissy:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
If you align the little rubber tabs on the insert with the holes in the plastic frame they don't come out... you just have to make sure the tabs seat correctly. :)
Very true man, even then Ive still had the big one come out after jamming a big 1L pop bottle in it though. I like the velcro dot idea, might have to do that.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
If you really want it to stay, I don't see the adhesive on the velcro stuff working well.

This is the best double sided tape I have ever used... I'd try that if you're really having trouble:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2,667 Posts
But not the worst one this newb design team put in there. I swear they were given a quota of idiot newb mistakes to make, and were really digging the bottom of the barrel when they ended up sticking us with these cup holders.
:iagree:

But here is a minor one. Has anyone ever tried putting their gearshift into first or 1? In mine the rubber boot bunches up and it doesn't let the gearshift stay in first. You have to really force back to get it to stay.

After discovering this on mine, I tried it in some of the rentals I've had - which were mostly 06 - 08 models. Most of them did the same as mine.

I think we had a thread about this a while back.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts