Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SO the other day my buddy who has a 97 DODGE 2500 WITH the 12v cummins,and he kept bugging me over and over about wanting to go chain to chain... so i got sick of it his truck is two wheel drive so i kept mine in two wheel to be far lol... we were on snow. and THIS AMAZED ME BUT I PULLED HIM LIKE NOTHING HE WAS JUST TRYING AND TRYING. I MEAN THAT TRUCK OUT WEIGHTS ME BY LIKE A TON AND HE LAYS DOW 600 LBS OF TORQE ANY ONE HAVE AND ANSWERS IS TO WHY I PULLED HIM.. I mean other then its a dodge lol....:raspberry:woot:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
275 Posts
i aint got no clue as to why you out pulled him, and i have a Buddie that would say that could never happen but congrats, and more power to you. get it on tape next time if you can.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have it on tape he wont give it up tho and we did do it a seconded time he was on pavement tho and i was still on snow that time he pulled me lol i feel pretty good

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
You probably have more weight on the rear wheels. More traction on snow. And if he started spinning right away, you had the edge. :m2:

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
Yea, the fact that you had 4WD helped A LOT on that one. I pulled a 2WD F-250 in a dry parking lot in a 2.7L 4 banger Toyota Tacoma. I put it in 4LO and tugged him a good ways because he could get any grip on his rear wheels. Used to do stupid stuff like that all the time with guys from work that talk about how awesome their diesels are.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will try my hardest to get the video ....... but that is just the thing i WAS IN 2WD....:crazy:....and the trailblazer is a half ton truck basically...so not to big of a diffrance and the dodges get light fast cause they rust out to fast lol....:rotfl:

·
Northeast Chapter
1,502 Posts
Well you staying in 2WD makes it a lil' different. Maybe it was just the weight in the rear of the TB against the weight-less rear on the Cummins. I will email my friend and see if I can get videos of all the stupid stuff we used to do like this.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
trailblazers have a 4 link rear suspension that does a great job of hookin up compared to traditional leaf springs. that probly had something to do with it. oh ya and its a chevy vs a dodge.:laugh:

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
doesn't the locking differential come into play?? that could've helped too

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just thought of that myself last night thinking back his would lock up then unlock mine would lock up and that is it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
going over there today i get it up ..... the second pull we did i had a bad clutch four my four wheel drive but i put it in 4 wheel anyway i think that is what screwed me

1 - 20 of 50 Posts