Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my crusie control quite working last weekend on my way from Sioux Falls S.D. down to Omaha N.E. When i got home started looking and had no fuses blown and cant seem to find a relay for it. Went down and got a new turn signal switch (controls your cruise, whipper's, high low beams, blinkers). Lucky for me i know a guy and it only cost me 56 bucks. replaced it and i still have no cruise.. any idea where to go from here?:suicide: Oh yea it's a 2003 Trailblazer LTZ 4x4

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea.... looked in the search and went over the site as best i could and could not find what i was looking for.. no worries i always have a spare blinker switch.. but still no cruise.

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man!!!! wow i had no idea so many thing's were tied into the cruise... maybe i should check to see if my toilet is running and see if that fixes the problem. lol:crazy:

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
First question that comes to mind is whether there are any lights illuminated on the dash? (CEL, ABS, Brake) If there are, you need to fix that first....ANY problems with those systems shuts down the cruise.

Check your running, brake and turn signal lights...no light = no cruise if its a system monitored by the PCM/ABS/BCM and the outage is detected.

Next, connect a scan-tool and look for codes. - A pending code may also prevent the cruise from running.

Hey, but nowy ou know why they're no longer mechanics and are referred to as automotive technicians. Now go flush that toilet! :)

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok... just got back from O'riley auto parts... have a check engin light on.. P1345... cam to crank position sensor. (replaced both less than 1 month ago) once i looked into the code reader some more it said a missfire, fuel system, and emission. but just the one code came up with all those subparts. like i said i replace cam sensor and crank sensor about a month , month and a half ago. disconcted battery for 10 min code cleared. but as soon as i drive more than 5mph code comes back. What next?:suicide:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3 Posts
Not much to add, but....

I just changed out my cam position actuator solenoid valve. It still rode rough, so I cleaned the throttle body. Turns out everything needed to reset, so I disconnected the battery and everything else I had been working on (throttle body, CAPS, etc).

I drove it and it rode rough for a little bit. The more I drove it, the better it got.

BUT my cruise isn't working. Does anyone know if this is a SYMPTOM of all of this or is it unrelated?

When I got back from my drive, the rough idle was much better. Just concerned about the cruise. I use it excessively.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If your SES light is not on, and there's no codes stored when you read the OBDII port, then I think the next most likely cause is a hair-trigger brake light. Even with the ignition off, somebody can press the brake pedal and you can look at the lights and see if they come on before the pedal is pressed much. A brake pedal that vibrates while driving enough to trigger the brake lights will also suppress the cruise control. Then you just have to adjust the brake pedal switch.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome to the P1345 club. Been having issues with this since I've had the truck on the road. Even if the code is just pending, it will disable your cruise. If you replaced the crank and/or cam sensors, you need a CASE relearn at the dealer using a Tech2 scanner. Easy process but bend over for the bill you're gonna get for the 10 minutes of work.

BTW, how's your CPAS? Have you cleaned or replaced it lately? Wouldn't be a bad idea to clean it at least. Search for CPAS cleaning for the thread on it. If the connector is full of oil, replace it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm now a member!

Now I got the P1345 code. Just bought my crank position sensor. Waiting for it to cool off to replace it. Fun.

I've already changed the CPAS. I'm wondering, should I go ahead and do the camshaft position sensor?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've already changed the CPAS. I'm wondering, should I go ahead and do the camshaft position sensor?
Might be worth it to eliminate it as a possible source of problems. When you get the CASE relearn done by the dealer, ask them to check that the CPAS and camshaft actuator are working by advancing the camshaft manually. Last dealer I went to didn't even do that and blamed the new CPAS (Dorman) for the error. Turned out to be the crank sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well.......

I might blame Dorman after all.

I never took mine it to get it reset.

I took out the Dorman 917010 and put the original one back in (after I had cleaned it down real good w/ a carb cleaner and let it air dry). MUCH better.

It's not good as new, but it's better than the Dorman. I read on here (somewhere?) where someone had contacted Dorman about it not operating correctly and they gave him a manufacturer's CPAS for free.

I just drove it around for about 20 minutes. Like I said, it's much better. It would probably be better with one from the manufacturer and not an aftermarket. ???

That's for another day. It's not until I got back and all cleaned up that I realized I never checked the cruise (ugh).

I have no codes and it's driving better. That's good enough until tomorrow!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Crazy thing is that the GM part is actually cheaper than Dorman's. Got it at GMPartsShop for $37, Dorman's at RockAuto is $46. With mine, I got the exact same P1345 problem with both the Dorman and GM CPAS but the Dorman is made cheaper. The black plastic connector part can be rotated in the solenoid and the groove for the retaining clip is cut all around the body of the solenoid, allowing it to be turned. The retainer was actually in the wrong "clock" position and I had to rotate it so it matched the original.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
what is a CPAS

Now I got the P1345 code. Just bought my crank position sensor. Waiting for it to cool off to replace it. Fun.

my 05 Trailblazer cruise control stopped working when i was doing 65 on the highway. All rear lights are working and all fuses are good. What is a CPAS?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When cruise control go out does it involve the transmission? I was driving had my cruise control set at 70mph and it went off and didn't come back on I'm not a mechanic I remodel home for a living I'm out here in Electra TX a ghost town nothing out here I could use some good advice

1 - 16 of 16 Posts