Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I failed inspection because of my front brakes(which i knew but hoping it would pass), so i went ahead and got crossdrilled/slotted rotors(i ordered on ebay from r1 concepts) all the way around. Looks great and i haven't bought new rims yet because im lowering it next month but wanted to show everyone how they are seen through the factory rim. Looks great!!!! Alloy wheel Rim Tire Wheel Spoke

Auto part Disc brake Vehicle brake Rotor Brake

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Hubcap Spoke

Auto part Disc brake Vehicle brake Brake Rotor

Auto part Disc brake Vehicle brake Brake

Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Rotor Brake

Auto part Disc brake Vehicle brake Brake Rotor

Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
looks great! :thumbsup:

i was actually on their site last week...now just waiting for that paycheck im def interested in doing it...did you get pads too? ill prob wind up painting my calipers :undecided

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cost was 268 shipped and yea came with pad(scorched which means no burn in required...) only took like 4 days to get in. yea i was short timed to do breaks considering i failed inspection and after i got the back done and dropped it back down of jacks i realized i forgot to paint the calipers :mad: .... I will paint them jet black when i drop it next month (2/3 belltech)

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
performance wise i can't really say they are better considering my calipers where extended all the way and had barely any pad left....but i would asume that they are alot better considering everyone who owns a trailblazer/envoy knows of the hard nose dive it takes everytime you hit the brakes(non lowered/stock struts). With that the pressure and strain on the front brakes is tremendous making your rotors easier to overheat(hinse the drilled rotors). The kit that i got from r1concepts did include pads and rotors for the above cost and i would def. say it worth it. I have slammed hard on these and i stop quick as s**t. I would purchase them on ebay or amazon because thats the best price your going to get for them...(i did price them before everywhere because i knew i need brakes and was going to drill rotors just didn't want to buy them yet because i can't say that i make it rain LOL.....If someone is wanting some good feed back on how they work performance wise give me a month to lower my envoy and ill be taking turns a lot faster than now(i'm not to faund of rolling it on onramps).... And if anyone wants a step by step let me know and i will draw one up with pics and wrench sizes....

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh and sorry for messing up the english lang. throughout all my posts i type fast and don't proof read....(i'm not as stupid as i sound). And sorry its hard for you to read and comprehend:duh:

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Actually.....IMO compared to the stock rotors and pads......the slotted/cross drilled with the ceramic semi-posi pads are definitely better in brake response......I noticed better braking response especially running 22's and then 20's.....and as well with the pads.....I have noticed no brake dust on the chrome rims......

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
28 Posts
I got the same thing, slotted and cross drilled rotors and ceramic Posi pads for my TB EXT, but i paid more... maybe because it's for an EXT. $320 is not bad for what i got, really satisfied. Will post pics and updates after a while, as i just installed them this weekend.

Looks good... thanks for sharing

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,082 Posts
I have been running these for a year now and the pads still look great. I run ceramic pads and have no brakedust. They still stop WAY better than stock. I think I got the brake pads from Napa. They said it is the brand gm used.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
705 Posts
They look great. Has anyone had these ona TV long term? I would love to put drilled or drilled/slotted rotors on, and I have a set of ceramic pads just waiting for the TB to need them, but before I drop that kind of money on rotors, I'd like to see what kind of life people are getting out them. If I put them on there and need to replace anything in less than a couple years my wife will lose her mind. Fortunately the truck only gets driven <10K per year. Another concern, are these coated at all or do they get all the ugly surface rust just as bad as the stockers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.