Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before new years, i was on my way to drop off one of my friends at another party while my other friend (who was following me) made a turn in front of me and his tire clipped my bumper, taking the whole bumper off, damaging the fender and headlight, and damaging the grille. We don't know whose fault it is because supposedly i was creeping up while he made the turn, and i think i was, but not 100% sure. Anyways, we decided that each of us would pay for our own damage, and thats after a couple of hours of arguing and stuff. Insurance said that I didn't have any coverage of the car till after New Year's, which i think is complete BS. So we both decided to pay for our own damage.

here are some pictures:

The fender was pushed into the door, making it hard to open it. I took it to a shop where the owner is a good family friend, and said would do all of the following for $800 flat:

-Repaint and bolt on Bumper cover
-Pop out dent on fender, repaint, and re-do the pin striping
-re assemble headlight
-order new OEM grille and paint
-redo the wiring for the stripped of corner and fog light sockets and possible new projectors for the fogs.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everybody. it's already in the body shop. now i'm just concerned with the quality of the work that he'll do. but hopefully it'll come out well. I might get the car back around wednesday or thursday. I'm thinking about doing the fog light projectors myself, trying to find a set off ebay.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ltz
266 Posts
sorry to hear that,
as soon as every one all right ... that is the important thing

good to have you back

take care next time

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks. I just got word from the shop today, and i went to check on it. It'll be ready monday morning. Just waiting for the paint to dry. The paint did look a little glossier than the rest of the car, hopefully it'll even out. The guy even offered to redo the pinstriping on the whole car. here's some pictures of the car that i took with my phone

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
211 Posts
I know you want it perfect, but you are comparing 6 year old paint to brand new paint.* Have the rest of the car buffed out, and I bet with that color it will be real close.* Factor in the $800 good guy hookup, and its great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts