Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All... I have an intermittent problem with my 04 Envoy L6. Every so often, when I'm driving my SES light blinks one time, very quickly, like the blink of an eye. Several theories have been presented to me, one of which is a malfunctioning crankshaft sensor. The questions are: 1) Can I do this myself without the need for dealer flash programming or does it need to be done by a dealer? 2) Does anyone else know of anything else that might cause this?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Does it set any codes when this happens? It could be anything and i wouldn't start throwing parts at it till I got it narrowed down.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Ray --- That's the problem so far it hasn't set any codes yet, but we've already replaced a faulty gauge cluster and throttle body assembly, so we're running out of things to check. Is it possible a wheel speed sensor could cause this also?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1 Posts
02 onvoy

I replaced my crank and both cam sencers, and still running rough.Would the electronic cluchfan going bad have anything to do with it, getting bad gas millage.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
20 Posts
The Crankshaft position sensor can be changed fairly easily and when I did it the computer did not need to be flashed. I can offer that it can be done by removing the drivers side tire go thru the rubber flap with a long extension remove the connection and 10mm bolt found on the small unit.. The sensor if it was like mine was a little tough to get out due to a rubber seal around it . You have to work it out without breaking it off. If you do I don't know what to tell you. Put a little oil around the seal of the new one and push it in, put bolt and clip back on and your ready to go.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,029 Posts
@Ray --- That's the problem so far it hasn't set any codes yet, but we've already replaced a faulty gauge cluster and throttle body assembly, so we're running out of things to check. Is it possible a wheel speed sensor could cause this also?
If you had an issue with the ABS wheel speed sensor you would have an ABS light and code. However not all scan tools read ABS codes. Not even Torque. I remember way back a few months ago a guy had an issue with a ground for the ABS computer being loose or corroded. Could be that. I know there is a TSB on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts