Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard of this ,,,cracked on outer edge at flex plate center hole..6 cracks...center of shaft ok....would this cause my vibration also?

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_denali
86 Posts
Wow, that sounds strange. I don't think this would actually be the cause of a vibration, but could definately be the result of an engine being driven with a vibration for an extended amount of time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my tranny pump also broke...I am keeping the truck... bought used engine with 6k on it...was a great hard run to 213,000.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds like the balancer screwed it up.
Pops has 195k on his. Hoping to pass you up.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
5,268 Posts
wow, yeah, at 213,000- best thing to so is get an engine like you...
but chances are we wont hear much of this... youre one of the few with that many miles posting on here.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
pass me up ..?? I will be back on the road saturday..hope you pop drives easy and rides till a million miles... he will have less problems than my lead foot... noticed a vibration when at idle the last year ....this shaft/balancer might have been what screwed up my water pump and power steeering at 200,000 both bearings were shot...the alt went at 197,000 but i hammered the thing ...first tranny i ever had go past 100,000...i was burning about 1/2 a quart at 3000 miles lately.... on mobil 1 since new ...changed oil every 5-7k couple 10k.... ran it a quart low once time buying the 5 quart mobil 1 at walmart always not paying attention put a discount auto 4 quart with the two quarts i always buy extra...so maybe another 200,000 on the almost new engine and rebuilt tranny....hope my ac holds its still original......you cat will probably plug by 200,000 if its an 03 or 04....love my truck so new/rebuilt power train till it rusts...really didnt have much issue till the wobbly old water pump was changed to a new one then the balancer and belt tensioner moved alot more...seems like the old components were worn together and worked well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts