Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
57 Posts
Norcal:

What pulley swap are you considering? Just the crank pulley, or crank as well as alternator?

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so greg the crank pulley for the tbss is the same gm part number as the crank pulley on the 4.8 5.3 and 6.0 trucks??

because it says this on the asp site
Year Engine Pulley Description Full Charge- Info- Nitride Hard CoatBlack Alum 99-04 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 25% Harmonic Dampner 800 RPM ASP549900

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
NORCAL SS said:
so greg the crank pulley for the tbss is the same gm part number as the crank pulley on the 4.8 5.3 and 6.0 trucks??

because it says this on the asp site
Year Engine Pulley Description Full Charge- Info- Nitride Hard CoatBlack Alum 99-04 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 25% Harmonic Dampner 800 RPM ASP549900
hate messing with pulleys, especially on these newer vehicles with their monster electrical systems, how much gain to the wheels are we getting with this?

·
Banned
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im just changin the crank pulley. on many ls1s they are gettin 10-12 hp at wheels and on all my trucks i felt a difference.

i e mailed asp if you can run their other alternator pulley if you have a system but if you only go with a crank pulley you will be fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts