Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a crank no start issue going on with a “service break system” on dash. Both out of the blue. I know this is a common problem with a lot of threads about it but this issue has led me to an interesting find. My ecm(?) next to the fuse box the third plug closest to the break booster had broken/exposed wires coming out of the loom. I thought, boom something chewed my wires, just gotta resplice and I’ll be on my way. Pulled the loom apart and got to the harness to find the 5 cut wires come from the connector and end at the cuts. There’s no other side leading into the harness. And there’s a light green wire coming from the harness cut that ends and there’s no light green wire leading into the connector. So there’s nothing to splice the wires back to. I’m at a loss. So I don’t think the wires are related to the issues I’m having cause the car was fine and then an hour later it wasn’t. Ideas about what those wires are about?
Gadget Communication Device Line Portable communications device Font

Communication Device Mobile device Telephony Output device Gadget

Communication Device Gadget Audio equipment Portable communications device Output device

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Organism Mammal Tread
Gadget Communication Device Entertainment Plant Display device

·
Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,566 Posts
What year is your TrailVoy, which model (TrailBlazer, Envoy, etc.) and which engine? Yes, we need this information to best assist you.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
539 Posts
GM doesn't leave wires like that. SOMEONE has been in there diicking with them.

The Evap code may mean the gas cap is loose, or the seal on the cap has failed.

Connect a scan tool, verify the two gas pedal sensors. The other two codes will require more digging. The scan tool should also give you indications of why the engine won't start. The fuel pump code may be telling you that there's no or low fuel pressure due to an electrical problem. Verify fuel pressure/volume.

I'd tighten the gas cap, get the engine running, clear the codes, and see what comes back.

·
Premium Member
'05 Chevy TB EXT
4,365 Posts
Post ALL of the wire colors and maybe someone can figger it out --- seems like it had a "custom" remote starter or perhaps a Viper-style alarm.

I took a Viper GPS Dealer's "No-Skip" device that was wired like that.

Again ... Year - Make - Model - Engine - "Custom Stuff"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts