Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, folks. New to this.
Got diagnosis of a cracked manifold on 2009 Chevy Trailblazer. What is that? Is it a big job? Is it a warranty repair? What range of repair cost can I expect?

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jim. Found lots of good info. Still nervous about cost and whether under warranty. Looks like I might have to do some fighting.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
I have a 2004 and my manifold cracked. I had to pay $275 canadian for a new manifold and that was from a wreckers it was $500 from gm and its about few hours work. My friends parents have the 2009 and they got warrenty so you should be able to also might have to bicker a little. Good luck

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
361 Posts
You have a 2009. You have a Bumper to Bumper Warranty. Get the Dealer to fix it.

·
Registered
2008 isuzu ascender
975 Posts
Manifold

Interesting , I got a recall notice from Isuzu on my 2008 today warning about the possibility of cracked manifolds on some vehicles. They are going to fully cover it for 10 years from in service date or 120000 miles . They said they would even repay you if you already paid to have it done if you have the receipts for the work . Think thats pretty good of them. :woohoo: Wonder if GM is going to step up to the plate on this too ?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
404 Posts
I do remember reading about an extended warranty on the manifold but only for the later models. Us old timers are out of luck. And that '09 should still be under warranty unless you're past the mileage. Just in case you're not covered, this is the cheapest I have found so far:

And with free shipping within the US too. But it doesn't come with the heat shield.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
404 Posts
Never mind. I just checked again and that manifold is not for your year but I can't see what the difference would be?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts