Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Dentists here? Or anyone with person input on this would be appreciated. I have a crack on back molar (lower left side #18) One dentist wants to do Porcelain, the second opinion I got wanted to do gold. They're only about $50 difference in price. I have no dental insurance so this is $1000 out of my own pocket (ouch). Thankfully I don't need a root canal, only surface of enamel on back of tooth is cracked. I just want something durable. I don't care what it looks like as it's in the back of my mouth. Any input is appreciated. c good

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Due to multiple cavities and root canals, I have four gold crowns. Can't imagine putting anything less durable back there.

But if it was on my own dime, I might work up the courage to walk over the border to TJ and get it done there. Seriously, I'm extremely worried about violence after dark and outside the main tourist areas, but for $500+ savings, I could be persuaded to go.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Do you have any Dental schools near you? Do you feel lucky?

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
My Dentist who is a longtime friend said he prefers Gold. Look of porcelean is cleaner however the gold is actually better due to less complications.

Not sure what he meant by that though ..... I ususally do what he recomends. I have 4 gold ones.:m2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any Dentists here? Or anyone with person input on this would be appreciated. I have a crack on back molar (lower left side #18) One dentist wants to do Porcelain, the second opinion I got wanted to do gold. They're only about $50 difference in price. I have no dental insurance so this is $1000 out of my own pocket (ouch). Thankfully I don't need a root canal, only surface of enamel on back of tooth is cracked. I just want something durable. I don't care what it looks like as it's in the back of my mouth. Any input is appreciated. c good
With my experience, I'd rather invest in porcelain veneers. Much durable, especially if you let a good dentist like smiletogo.com.au install it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts