Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased TBSS shocks from gmpartsdirect.com and plan on gettin the 1.3/3 groundforce kit. I was looking at the thread "how to lower cheap" and i want to do this mod. I have access to a full machine shop at here at school and know a few really good machinist. My question is if i use the new groove i cut to lower for summer and move it back to the original for winter do i have to remove the strut each time i want to change it? And will i need an alignment each time?
Thanks

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
I'd say plan on an alignment. Its only an hour of your time and cost isn't bad, $70 at sears. The best part is while there you can go upstears and drool over tools in the store

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Every time you change the resting height of the vehicle, up or down, you change the camber because of the design of the control arms. So an alignment is necessary, and by a shop who understands our platform has camber and caster adjustment in the LOWER control arm mount.

Many, if not most, shops just claim we have no camber or caster adjustment and they just do toe-in. Goofs.

Make they admit they will do camber and caster, and then get the printout to prove to you they put it within spec if it was out.

And if you plan to do it a lot, pay for a lifetime, unlimited alignment. I paid about $150 for mine, and I'm in one of the local chain's shops every 2-3 months max. I try to spread the load out so they don't know how many times I'm really whacking my alignment out on the trails, and replacing parts like tie rod ends.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts