Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok fella's.. got a couple other things done to the SS.. not too noticable but a nice mod to me , and thats all the matters right :thumbsup:...

but i installed my Optix 49" LED bar (since my taillights are balcked out) so people can see some red behind me still and not hit me :crackup:...also got my 2 front windows tinted to match the back..20% for the front two... only cost me 50 bones...and i have the SS vinyl overlays

Attachments

·
International Chapter
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,900 Posts
looks great buddy, :thumbsup:
exactly like mine !! just different color and the SS badge :crazy::bonk::sadcry:

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx everyone... but you'd be surprised how slim that led bar is... here are some more pix of the lift gate closed to give you a better idea.. because i know i cant even put my finger between the liftgate and the bumper... but i saw how thin the bar was and i was like hmmmm... let me try this and so here ya go...

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
1,614 Posts
tint and light bar look good!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
it the simple and relatively cheap mods that are the most gratifying, plus it looks great! where did you find the light bar?

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it the simple and relatively cheap mods that are the most gratifying, plus it looks great! where did you find the light bar?
where did you get the light bar?

And does it do turns or just brake?
you guys are gonna s*** your pants when you find out where i got it.. but do you have an advanced auto parts store by you?? yup thats where i got the bar :rotfl::crackup:.. cost me 40 bucks :woot:...

and yes it lights up when you turn the lights on, has right turn signal, left turn signal, and double function like when the bar is lit with the lights on.. it will be dim at first and when you apply brakes it gets brighter.. and for the turn signals only half bar lights up.. like if i turning right then only the right side of the bar lights up.. pretty sick and cheap...and directly plugs into your trailer harness (with an adaptor of course) but i just hardwired mine and heat shrunk the connections to weather proof it :woohoo:

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
Fire & Ice

ok fella's.. got a couple other things done to the SS.. not too noticable but a nice mod to me , and thats all the matters right :thumbsup:...

but i installed my Optix 49" LED bar (since my taillights are balcked out) so people can see some red behind me still and not hit me :crackup:...also got my 2 front windows tinted to match the back..20% for the front two... only cost me 50 bones...and i have the SS vinyl overlays
I have had the Fire & Ice light bar on my TBSS for about 2 months. It has running, turn, stop AND Back Up lights. It really does stand out. Looks good, maybe more will join us now that they can see it.
Kev

Attachments

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea they look very good on the TBSS.. like i said i wanted the extra light cause my tails are smoked out... and i am smoking out the reflectors in the bumper as soon as the weather heats back up.. so i wanted some more bightness so people can see me either dusting them :rotfl: or coming to a stop... would suck if i got rear ended cause hey couldnt see brake lights that well :duh:

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
yea they look very good on the TBSS.. like i said i wanted the extra light cause my tails are smoked out... and i am smoking out the reflectors in the bumper as soon as the weather heats back up.. so i wanted some more bightness so people can see me either dusting them :rotfl: or coming to a stop... would suck if i got rear ended cause hey couldnt see brake lights that well :duh:
I think thats a great outlook man, btw it looks great on your ride. Think Ill buy some LED tails for my SS eventually, or black them out and do the quad taillights mod.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
130 Posts
LED Tails

I bought LED tails that already have the resistor built in off of ebay for $178. took like 20 minutes to install and they look so much better than stock. The light bar under my tailgate just adds to the whole look now. I've got a blue LED light bar that I will be installing behind the lower grill mesh in front. I've seen the blue LEDs for insdie and might try that as well.

I think thats a great outlook man, btw it looks great on your ride. Think Ill buy some LED tails for my SS eventually, or black them out and do the quad taillights mod.

·
Banned
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought LED tails that already have the resistor built in off of ebay for $178. took like 20 minutes to install and they look so much better than stock. The light bar under my tailgate just adds to the whole look now. I've got a blue LED light bar that I will be installing behind the lower grill mesh in front. I've seen the blue LEDs for insdie and might try that as well.
yea ive seen some interior pix of the blue led's and my friend has an Envoy with led bars under the dash, back seats and in his vents.. talk about BRIGHT... so i think im going white leds for the dome lights and then blue leds for undert dash and seats... i was pondering the led tails.. but funding is getting low as now im saving to get my tune, e-fans, and CAI.. so i just setlled for smoking them out and adding the led bar..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts