Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have had this done, what did it cost you?

I have a 2002 I6

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
192 Posts
Do you have any experience with fixing things yourself?? I only ask because it's fairly easy if you've done work like that before. Took me about an hour if I remember right. I had to remove the air tube, manifold shield, & move a few lines out of the way. I can't remember exactly but I think I had to remove the upper rad. hose for some stupid reason.

But to answer your question exactly I wouldn't pay more than 1 hour worth of labor for that work. Good Luck

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
All depends if one of the exhaust manifold bolts break, and they tend to do that after a few years on a vehicle. Be sure to hit all the bolts & nuts with penetrating oil the night BEFORE, if you're going to try it yourself. - Haven't pulled mine off the Envoy, but experience with other vehicles tells me some liquid wrench or WD40 the night before is a big help.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
192 Posts
All depends if one of the exhaust manifold bolts break, and they tend to do that after a few years on a vehicle. Be sure to hit all the bolts & nuts with penetrating oil the night BEFORE, if you're going to try it yourself. - Haven't pulled mine off the Envoy, but experience with other vehicles tells me some liquid wrench or WD40 the night before is a big help.
I did forget to mention that one.... I got lucky though that they weren't too bad :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Exhaust

I had mine done at my mechanic, he charged me 2.4 hours thats what the books says inless your a wizard at exhaust systems, at $55 an hour + manifold gasket $20 = $152.....:eek:fftopic: Wait tell you get it fixed, then cut your resnetor off !!! Sounds pretty cool for no aftermarket parts!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
261 Posts
I had my fan cluth and exhaust manifold gasket replaced at the same time under warranty from the stealership back on 2/28/05.

The invoice shows:
- 11.59 for the gasket
- 41.80 for 9 new bolts
- 200.00 for labor just for the gasket replacement job, not the fan clutch.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
7 Posts
My Inline 6 2003 has a bad exhaust manifold gasket or loose bolts or something. I'm just going thru them right now trying to see if I can tighten the bolts and make the fluttering exhaust leak go away. What's the torque on these bolts supposed to be so I can tighten them up? I suspect it's the 4th or 5th header pipe (reading from the front cylinder ot the rear) that is leaking, at least that's where the warm air feel's like it's coming from. Te noise seems to completely disappear once the engie warms up. By the way I have about 90,000 and engine is bone stock.

·
Registered
65 Posts
15 ftlbs X 3 passes -REAR-10/8/6/4/2/1/3/5/7/9/11-FRONT

Heat shield - 44 INCH pounds

I am about to replace mine as well; 71,300 miles.

Chris

·
Registered
2009 gmc envoy_sle
1 Posts
I heard there was an Extended Special Warranty on this site for this engine for the exhaust manifold but it said only up to 120,000 kms. My 2009 GMC Envoy in-line 6 has 125,5000 with a cracked exhaust manifold so I was hesitant but went in to the dealer to ask. They checked my V.I.N. to the warranty and it was covered up to 180,000. They had extended the warranty. While the truck was in, they broke a bolt and had to remove the head. They had the truck for 1 week instead of a day (I received a loaner vehicle from them) and drove away with no charge! I can't say this will work for everyone but it is worth a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts