Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my local Chevy dealer swap my OE exhaust for the Corsa Touring SS cat back system. I did this as the Corsa instructions call for cutting the OE exhaust to get it off the SS. I wanted to preserve the OE system. The suspension must be partially disassembled if you want the OE set up preserved. The sound is great. Not too loud and Idle seems smoother and off idle throttle response is quite noticeable. Not really sure about power gains but it does sound good and the 4" tip looks good as well. Check out www.corsaperformance.com. They have some sound clips on the web which will let you hear the system. It is pretty close depending on your computer speakers.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Sounds great! I'm really leaning toward one of these systems lately too. I hope the price drops a little in the next few months :) Congrats on the new mod :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Price is not less than....

Price is about $900. It is Jewelry for under your car. Really nice stainless with high quality workmanship.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Corsa Sport Vs. Touring

What Made You Get The Touring Then The Sport?im Trying To Decide Which One Have The Best Sound.thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
What Made You Get The Touring Then The Sport?im Trying To Decide Which One Have The Best Sound.thanks
We stock them both and I still think the sport is the way to go ...They sound the same under light throttle but the sport sounds better from out side under larger throttle inputs ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I really like the touring, it's deceptive in that there is zero resonance when your driving but if you hear the drive by from outside the car it has a beautiful and distinctively powerful tone. Bigger difference in sound than you might otherwise perceive, just open your back hatch glass and ride around compared to stock. Remember that tone and volume are seperate 'buttons', just like on an Electric Guitar.

Pulling through the gears it sounds awesome. The only difference between the sport and the touring is the last 6" of the tube is perforated on the touring which knocks down the DB's by about 2 at WOT (straight form the Corsa rep). I think since the Corsa touring is just a little quieter it's better for driving out early or in late going through my neighborhood, it sounds deep and powerful, just not loud. Rumbly sound that everybody enjoys and not objectuionable...more like an old 440 Charger or a mid 70's Trans-am sounds going by...it's the tone that attracts you not the volume. I have 427" Cobra Replica with 3 1/2" Sidepipes, so although I like it loud, for my daily driver I want it to be just a touch more subtle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Corsa

Good choice!!!!!!! I've got the sport and love it.....:crazy:

This is something for our TBSS community for sure, hands down....

·
Registered
550 Posts
sport here with SW headers and high flow cats. sounds great! not one regret spending a bit more for the corsa! ive had magnaflow, flowmaster, dynomax and gibson in the past, and they dont hold a candle to corsa.

todd

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Todd, do you have any clips since you got the corsa? curious how it sounds with lt's.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Todd, do you have any clips since you got the corsa? curious how it sounds with lt's.
i dont have any current ones. i can make some, and i will when the weather clears up. before i had the SW headers without cats, but i have the catted ypipe now mated to the corsa sport. to be honest, the cats didnt seem to make much of a difference at all to the exhaust note. no more gas smell on my suit though!!!

ill get some clips up. PM me to remind me in a week or so in case i forget. mind you, i have a cam with a 111.5 lsa, so it wont sound stock. at all!

todd

·
Registered
1 Posts
too bad it isn't a dual tip like the borla system is. i definately like the corsa sound better on the sport, though. meaner sounding when one of those rice burners pull up next to you and realize that you have something under the hood. :eek:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
173 Posts
I just put on the corsa sport acouple weeks ago and WOW! I love it. Loud when you punch it and nice a mellow when your cruising. Pipes fit amazingly, one of the easiest exhaust installs ive ever done. I got mine off an ebay store for under 700$ shipped.

·
Banned
211 Posts
I just put on the corsa sport acouple weeks ago and WOW! I love it. Loud when you punch it and nice a mellow when your cruising. Pipes fit amazingly, one of the easiest exhaust installs ive ever done. I got mine off an ebay store for under 700$ shipped.
Wow, that sounds like a good deal man. :)

I am just debating whether or not I want a Corsa or the Stainless Works true dual system. Does anyone know if the SW headers bolts up to the Corsa system?

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
I'm sure the y pipe does ;) . VTODD has sw headers y pipe & corsa.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts