Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just received a dyno comparison between the stock and Corsa exhaust. It looks like we'll have these systems ready to start shipping the end of this week or the beginning of next. Sound files can be heard in the TBSS Exhaust section of our site.

14256 2006+ TrailBlazer SS Corsa Exhaust Sport version $809.99
14257 2006+ TrailBlazer SS Corsa Exhaust Touring edition $849.99

Have a good day!

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts
I find those gains somewhat disturbing, if they are correct that catback is gaining more than doing headers (on an AWD SS) from what we've seen so far. Someone needs to test that in house, BBrady you need an exhaust dont you? LOL

·
Registered
588 Posts
Someone needs to test that in house, BBrady you need an exhaust dont you? LOL
I'm quite happy with my Magnaflow muffler swap/res delete thanks Chris:D .... and I agree these numbers coming out from Corsa I think are ridiculous unless they are "tuning" for the new exhaust also:confused: I didn't gain that from my SW catless headers, this Corsa set-up must be magic. Chris, you bring a system in, you can guinea pig it on my 2wd:D so you can dyno it right away:) ....I'm sure someone will buy it for the "sound" anyways;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We'll have a bunch of these going out soon so there will probably be trucks strapped to the dyno after the install.

The Touring system is a little louder than stock while the Sport will be the more aggressive of the two. This one is the most popular.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I find those gains somewhat disturbing, if they are correct that catback is gaining more than doing headers (on an AWD SS) from what we've seen so far. Someone needs to test that in house, BBrady you need an exhaust dont you? LOL

Well genius considering an AWD is not mentioned here for these numbers and we all know that AWD's have more drivetrain loss......There's your answer...And as for the exhaust I'll have mine in less then a week...I have a 2006 bone stock....Just like the vehicle that was tested.....

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
18hp and 30ft-lbs from a catback only? NOT A CHANCE.

Now, on the other hand....if it was bone stock dyno'ed, *then* the catback installed AND *tuned*, the 18/30 are more believable. However, the overwhelming majority of that gain was from the PCM-Tune, not the catback.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,475 Posts
18hp and 30ft-lbs from a catback only? NOT A CHANCE.

Now, on the other hand....if it was bone stock dyno'ed, *then* the catback installed AND *tuned*, the 18/30 are more believable. However, the overwhelming majority of that gain was from the PCM-Tune, not the catback.
I agree it will never happen stock tune to stock tune. I have a new exhaust tip that I am going to sell that is good for 25HP at the rear wheels. A Vector tune is required to use it though.

Afraid that this thread is going to be pointless until someone gets one to a dyno and shows what the exhaust wont do. I see they posted flow numbers for the system. I guess if you ran 6" duals out the back it would flow better, but does not mean it will run faster.

People should do catbacks for sound reasons only !

You would think if people would pay more attention to guys running cutouts on these trucks and see their results then they would realize the stock catback is not hurting for flow. This catback is not going to flow better than a set of dual cutouts :crazy:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
849 Posts
Agreed, Rich...

The only bummer is that the person (victim?) that purchases this catback for $800+ thinking they're getting some major power gains - only to then find out he gained nuthin' but a different exhaust note - is going to be feeling a bit pissed...

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
Agreed, Rich...

The only bummer is that the person (victim?) that purchases this catback for $800+ thinking they're getting some major power gains - only to then find out he gained nuthin' but a different exhaust note - is going to be feeling a bit pissed...
I don't think the gains are not all that unrealistic at all. Not all trucks pick up exactly the same. Case and point I did a 98 vette with a LS6 intake that picked up right where it should have 15rwhp before and after. A couple weeks before i did a 00 trans am that didn't pick up but 4 hp before and after.

regardless of what you think this is his section, be respectiful.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,475 Posts
I don't think the gains are not all that unrealistic at all. Not all trucks pick up exactly the same. Case and point I did a 98 vette with a LS6 intake that picked up right where it should have 15rwhp before and after. A couple weeks before i did a 00 trans am that didn't pick up but 4 hp before and after.

regardless of what you think this is his section, be respectiful.
Last I looked its the SS Engine and Drivetrain section. Its not posted in "his section". Not to mention I dont think RedHawk was being disrespectful.

Just stating his opinion. And I agree, this is going to be a $800+ let down for someone.

It gets proven over and over again. Catbacks on a TBSS are something you should buy for sound. If you get $800 worth of joy out of a better sound from your truck. Then more power to you.

I would almost do it for looks if a replacement rear facia was available. But I know better than do it for performance gains. Maybe a couple ponies :)

·
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
877 Posts
Last I looked its the SS Engine and Drivetrain section. Its not posted in "his section". Not to mention I dont think RedHawk was being disrespectful.

Woops, I thought this was in his section :sleepy:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts