Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corsa is claiming 18 HP amd 22 TQ from their catback system in the 2wd. Thats a lot from a Catback. I dont think the SW gains were even close to that. The SW system is about $300 cheaper also my question is do you guys think that its possible to get those gains for the Corsa. Can it be that much better. Hell the stock system on the ss flows pretty good:confused:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Its something... I really dont think they will make those claims with it hits the market.

I dont think you can get that from headers and full exhaust on a stock SS. Catbacks are not gonna do it.
yep, i dont account that high of gains to my SW headers, no cats and cutouts!!!! no way corsa! you sound good, but you dont make that much power.

todd

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking at the SW system looks and sounds great,I guess ill wait for someone to bite the bullet and post the results:yes:

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,475 Posts
Personally witnessed a Magnaflow catback make 12rwhp and 18rwtq on a dyno this summer. It was a 5.3 Silvy...
Let me add to my statement. I meant on the TBSS. I have no doubt there are good gains on exhaust systems. Just not on the LS2-TB

:D
I was looking at the SW system looks and sounds great,I guess ill wait for someone to bite the bullet and post the results
Call Vector and ask them about dyno results on stuff they have had in their shop !

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me add to my statement. I meant on the TBSS. I have no doubt there are good gains on exhaust systems. Just not on the LS2-TB

:D

Call Vector and ask them about dyno results on stuff they have had in their shop !
Maybe Chris will see this and chime in:yes: to shed some light on this subject:undecided

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
I think the Corsa numbers are on a completely stock truck, no mods whatsoever. That is how most of the exhausts get their gains, but once you throw in a CAI and tune, it is basically no gain.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wait up guys-------isn't the philosophy more AIR in more AIR out?????

On that note why would the truck not make any more gains with a catback and CAI?

You really think the STOCK muffler is not restrictive?

Come on guys they claim 20% increase in flow and its a straight thru design. I have a Corsa on my C-5 and they claimed 7 to 10 hp and I made 9...........So pretty damn close huh.......Lets not talk smack till it hits the streets and then you will have my DYNO numbers........For sure.:undecided And also thats not to mention the differences in trucks and dynos.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
1,475 Posts

On that note why would the truck not make any more gains with a catback and CAI?

Come on guys they claim 20% increase in flow and its a straight thru design. I have a Corsa on my C-5 and they claimed 7 to 10 hp and I made 9...........So pretty damn close huh.......Lets not talk smack till it hits the streets and then you will have my DYNO numbers........................For sure.:undecided
Yes, I think the stock muffer is NOT restrictive and is a straight through design. They may be able to claim high flow on some systems but I dont think they will on this one. The stock exhaust is good.

Why do I say this? Because I have seen most guys with cutouts say they did not pick up much or in some cases slowed down. Vector told me they had a headers with full system on the dyno and it gained less than 15hp.

So if headers and full exhaust wont make 15, then there is no catback running stock exhaust manifolds and stock cats that can do that.

·
Registered
550 Posts

Come on guys they claim 20% increase in flow and its a straight thru design. I have a Corsa on my C-5 and they claimed 7 to 10 hp and I made 9...........So pretty damn close huh.......Lets not talk smack till it hits the streets and then you will have my DYNO numbers........For sure.:undecided And also thats not to mention the differences in trucks and dynos.
I don't think its not possible, just not probable. Look at other cars with much more restrictive stock catbacks. Most of them are WELL over the TBSS 19% restrictive rating. Thats not much if you ask me, compared to most other performance cars/trucks listed.

And I really don't think the stock muffler is that restrictive at all. Heck, the stock catback pronounced my exhaust noise and lope much louder than the Magnaflow I have on now!

Todd

·
Registered
550 Posts
Yes, I think the stock muffer is NOT restrictive and is a straight through design. They may be able to claim high flow on some systems but I dont think they will on this one. The stock exhaust is good.

Why do I say this? Because I have seen most guys with cutouts say they did not pick up much or in some cases slowed down. Vector told me they had a headers with full system on the dyno and it gained less than 15hp.

So if headers and full exhaust wont make 15, then there is no catback running stock exhaust manifolds and stock cats that can do that.
Exactly. Even with my SW Longtube headers and off-road straight pipes, I gained less than 15 rwhp, if that.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
859 Posts
I think the Corsa numbers are on a completely stock truck, no mods whatsoever. That is how most of the exhausts get their gains, but once you throw in a CAI and tune, it is basically no gain.

That makes no sense. More air in and more air out complement each other so the increases *should* be even more...:yes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys chill out its just an exhaust...And as for the stainless works systems they suck.............Just ask the guy who let them use his truck for a prototype.........Made like 15 hp total....I can't wait for a CORSA just so I can cut it open and show it to you guys......and as for the cutout statement---------you will always need somekind of back pressure....Oh well rant on guys........I have better things to do just my 2 cents

·
Registered
550 Posts
i dont think anybody is getting excited here. just simply stating that it is quite unlikely that you are going to gain 18/30 from a catback :crazy:

and on the stainless works headers. its not the headers sucking that only gained 15rwhp. generally speaking, a longtube header is a longtube header. slap any 1 3/4" primary headers with a 2.5-3" collector on, and your gonna get about the same results. its the application. go to the GTO or ls1tech forum and search. you will find that all the longtube headers gain almost the same increase in power. the only complaints are usually fit and finish, and that is usually all that there is to base a purchase on other than maybe bigger primaries.

todd

1 - 20 of 30 Posts