Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys went out 4xing last nite with some buddies and notcied there are 2 cooling lines running down the driver side right by the tc now that is stupid. but I haven't looked into it and fallowed em back yet (too muddy) so I just thought someone might have already had a solution. goin to make a skid plates so gotta cover that up

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
2,636 Posts
If I understand your comment... those aren't coolant. They actually carry air. The pump that they run to is actually part of a system that injects air into the exhaust while the engine is warming up in order to kick start the catalytic converters.

If they get bashed up, it's not a real big deal (as in, you won't lose coolant). You'll just get a CEL next time you start it up.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
And the relay that's down there could get crappy and stop working, then you get a P0410 code. Or you could break the pump impeller housing. But it's still drivable with a broken pump - it just won't pass emissions with a constant code like P0410.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow.. you guys are deffinetly the gods of these trucks I fallowed em back and still just didn't get it but now it makes sense thanks alot guys these trucks have alot of funny engineering goin on with em:laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts