Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday was 90 Degrees with 90% relative Humidity.

When Running the AC, my engine Temps according to the scangauge were ranging between 204 Degrees at cruise and sitting in traffic on the mass pike, and as high as 215 Degrees While WOT up hill passing a truck.

Shut off AC it runs 195-197 Degrees all day.

I love the scangauge, but it makes me paranoid sometimes.... is this one of those times?

No codes, No fan speed issues, New Dexcool, New upper and lower hoses. Thoughts from the Guru's?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
215 isn't out of line for those conditions. It's the reason the software averages and smooths the data before sending a solid 210 to the lying gauge in the instrument cluster.

If you've never had a dealer PCM reflash, you wouldn't have gotten the update that improves AC cooling at idle by spinning the fan a bit higher than the original calibrations. But WOT uphill would not be affected by that change.

I fiddle with my fan engagement temps using EFILive, and can keep to 210 in most hot hillclimbs at low speed, as when I'm desert offroading in 4LO at 10-15 MPH. But if your groundspeed is 40-70 MPH, most of your cooling is coming from forced airflow, not the fan. You might just check BETWEEN the AC condenser and the radiator for airflow-reducing junk/leaves/mud. It's always a good idea.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah- I just needed the reassurance that it was okay. Heck, my mustang used to run 220+ in this weather.... But, it was a Ford... (take that how you want to lol)

So, in other words- i didnt do nothin other than check for blockages and there were none- so all good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts