Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears that the Coolant Overflow bottle has two connections. One connects to the Radiator. The one on the back towards the firewall connects to ???.

Coolant is leaking out of this connection on to the ground.

Thanks Jan

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle
129 Posts
Is your coolant level too high? I believe the tube going back toward the firewall is the overflow. If there is too much coolant it will be released out this tube onto the ground.

ct_mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike I agree with you that is the way it appears, I just find it hard to believe that the overflow would dump a hazardous chemical on to the ground.

My motor was recentlry replaced and I suspected this connection did not get reconnected.

Jan

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
1,380 Posts
If the cooling system is working properly, the level should never get high enough to flow out onto the ground. Maybe the tank was overfilled or the engine is overheating.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Mike I agree with you that is the way it appears, I just find it hard to believe that the overflow would dump a hazardous chemical on to the ground.
My motor was recentlry replaced and I suspected this connection did not get reconnected.

Jan
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . The only way to prevent that would be to have an overflow reservoir for the overflow reservoir, etc, etc. There should be COLD/HOT markings on the front side of the overflow tank. Is the level above the HOT mark?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.