Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I cracked the big plastic panel underneath the drivers seat with the power controls on it. I will attach a picture. How hard are these to find? Any suggestions? Nothing from the junkyard yet. 2004 Trailblazer LT. Thanks.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
114 Posts
That's an 'automotive recycling facility' item for sure. Try real hard to get one from the same year as yours because they are not all interchangeable. There were changes made in the switches, and as a result the wiring connectors are different. Want to take a guess as to how I know this? Those do tend to get damaged as people get in and out, so finding a good one with the same switch style you have may take some huntin'.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
259 Posts
The little hole is what you're talking about being the crack ?
If so , why not just cover it with a piece of black duct tape and pretend it's a blank switch place ? ;)

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
105 Posts
The little hole is what you're talking about being the crack ?
If so , why not just cover it with a piece of black duct tape and pretend it's a blank switch place ? ;)
Do you need to seal the trim of the driver's seat too? ;)

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
59 Posts
If you take it of, you will really see why they almost all break at some point. Mine is being held in place loosely with wire ties. I've done a little sheet metal fab in my day, so I'm thinking of making a panel that gets is away from the seat some. If I ever get around to it, I'll post the results, 👍or👎

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
1 Posts
HI,
I cracked the big plastic panel underneath the drivers seat with the power controls on it. I will attach a picture. How hard are these to find? Any suggestions? Nothing from the junkyard yet. 2004 Trailblazer LT. Thanks.

View attachment 55162
I bought one of these off Amazon two years ago, just looked and they still have it listed under,
YOT Drivers SEAT Switch Bezel Gray FITS 2002-2004 Trailblazer Envoy Bravada
Hope this helps,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts