Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys,

i hate to start another thread but i search "Custom control Arms" and only came up with a few, and most were lowering arms, but here is a thought

, imagine making it almsot one piece, where the control arm meets the ball joint add a horizontal bolt with a new lower piece that connects to the lower control arm so it mover all as one... Granted they do have a ball joint thing at the bottom but i think thats just the ford thing... and maybe a way to make it work with 4wd

Similar to this

that pictured is a ford, but i have seen it done to a Calorado
http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27958&page=2

maybe we can get this company to make a set of these for the TB

bolt goes through

just keeping my mind open while bored as hell at work ... maybe a viable soultion

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Camburg. Total Chaos. There are others.

We can't even get a trailvoy coilover fabbed in two years of trying. And to take advantage of it we would really need new steering knuckles and relocate the front diff below the oil pan and make extended brake lines.

It's pretty much impossible to even get extended brake lines due to ONE darned custom fitting! I got braided stainless steel front lines meant for the SS, and then the vendor quit making them!

There are far better places to spend $1-3K on, such as improved underbody armor. I can't imagine a trail that thwarted me due to suspension issues that didn't ALSO involve ground clearance issues.

It's all about your mission. What trails are currently thwarting you? Throw money at a solution for THAT specific problem, is my advice.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
one day the diff we be located under the oil pan ...one day(most likely not mine unless IF customs does mine(win a large sum of money)) but just some ideas, i really do need under armor though ...lol... has anyone else notice that compared to the toyota ball joints ours looks upside down, all the others ive seen the bolt is on the bottom not at the top...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.