Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Envoy XL SLT 2003. continuous whizzing sound accelerates with RPM. I 've been hearing it since I bought the truck, May 2008. I haven't noticed any change in it. My only wish is to drive a car without noises from here and there. I've uploaded the sound file to an external site, 4shared. Any help will be appreciated.

The file link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/113881010/435831d8/sound.html

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. Probably the idler pulley. Hope the parts stores have them as cheap over there as they do here.
I appreciate replying as fast. I don't think it's the idler because the noise has been since a long time and hasn't changed a bit, over 15 months. listen again to the MP3 file and compare it to the sound produced by the idler in the above link. They are completely different.

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
47 Posts
I've got a similar sound... I'll try taking a video of it and posting it here next week hopefully. Maybe you all can help figure it out. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side of the engine. When I drive with the windows down, it is definitely louder on the passenger side. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've got a similar sound... I'll try taking a video of it and posting it here next week hopefully. Maybe you all can help figure it out. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side of the engine. When I drive with the windows down, it is definitely louder on the passenger side. :rolleyes:
Exactly as you described. I heard the same sound on two other Envoy and TB that passed by me while I was walking near my house. That's why I thought some members can help. It seems that it's a common one. :thx

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,228 Posts
deffinatly does not sound like a common engine noise sounds like a pulley noises travel and can somtimes be very difficult to trace can take a dowel rod and place it in different locations safely near the pulleys and listen to it the noise will resinate from the rod hope that helps

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi all,

Problem solved.

The sound was produced by the power steering pump assy. Changed and gone with the wind.

Thank you all for helping and communicating with me.

:woot::woohoo::woot:
:thx:thx:thx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.