13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car since 2 weeks, working excellent except one issue
The battery indicator red lamp in the instrument panel always ON
When I start the engine, this lamp goes off for 20 sec and return on again
The voltage scale of the battery in the instrument panel reads 14.5
I did check on the battery terminals by voltmeter and it reads 14.53V
I drove this car now for 2 weeks with no any problem with battery charging
The original owner told me this issue since 5 months and the car working normal.
Any help/suggestion about this issue and how to solve it?
Thanks

:tiphat

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
438 Posts
Believe it or not, it could be the ignition switch, a very common failure item.

However, just to rule it out - have you had the alternator tested? The internal regulator could be failing and intermittently charging.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you
Also I think it is the ignition switch
Another symptom, when the ignition key in ACC position, the battery indicator lamp on the panel switched ON, no other indicator light up except the battery lamp.
When I start the engine, sometimes goes OFF and again ON within 20 sec. or sometimes not going to off and stayed ON.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
438 Posts
Thank you
Also I think it is the ignition switch
Another symptom, when the ignition key in ACC position, the battery indicator lamp on the panel switched ON, no other indicator light up except the battery lamp.
When I start the engine, sometimes goes OFF and again ON within 20 sec. or sometimes not going to off and stayed ON.
Well, the battery light should come on when switched to ACC position. However, if its coming on while you drive, you have issues.

Do you have the DIC (Driver Information Center)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don't have

Do you prefer to start checking this issue with by a technician or better to leave the issue as it is where as the car working excellent with no any other problem

Also, my left - driver - mirror not working, any relation between this and the battery lamp

I noticed that , the ac compressor working continuously as soon as I turn the air fan knob. if I press on the AC switch on and off no change except the orange lamp inside the AC switch goes on and off
is that normal?
I read in manual that this switch to start and stop the AC compressor but in my case it is not function as manual says
the AC compressor stop only when i slide the climate temp control to the hot region (up)

it is the first time in my life own an American made SUV, in past I had Toyota Landcruiser, Mutsubishi Pajero, and IO never faced this minor foxy issues before.

I don't know how the battery lamp goes ON and the charging is OK, what is the useful of the nonfunctional sign!!?:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I noticed Tthat the cigerate lighter working after I remove thekey is that normal. Please any help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I changed the ignition switch and the battery lamp still on
Alternator checked by a tech and no faults found

Any one can help♥♥¿:woohoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts