Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2002 TB LT 4wd. Several weeks ago a squeaking noise began. It begins after I start the car, and changes in loudness and sound with pressing the brake pedal, pressing the accelerator, letting go of the brake pedal, and letting go of the accelerator. It also continues for a little while after I shut the car off. I'd appreciate any help!

Rick

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Oddly enough, it does, and we should have thought of it. It's vacuum powered, so the vacuum persists for a while after the engine shuts off.

At junkyards and Ebay, used ones are typically $50-100. Not sure how many labor hours to swap.

A new one lists for $225, at parts4chevys.com it's about $115. AC Delco 178-670 (equivalent seems to be around $160 on-line.)

GM #18047694

Just make sure your mechanic gives you a fair breakdown of labor hours and parts cost. Somebody recently caught a franchised brake shop trying to charge him $300 for a $135 list price part, and they probably got a wholesale discount on top of the $135! Cheaters!! :no: :hahano: :hissy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.