Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4x4 I6 4.2L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2003 Envoy with the 4.2 I6, with only 100k on it (score!)
But as is expected with any 20 year old vehicle, some parts are worse for wear, namely the front end transmission. The first thing I'd like to do is replace the entire constant velocity axle assembly, and a stock part is fairly cheap. The problem is I'd like to upgrade it if possible but the price differences are outrageous.. like 60$ for an OEM part vs 1300$ for a 27 spline cv assembly.
Is there someplace I'm overlooking where I can find something down the middle??! I'm fairly new to the 4x4 world and am finding myself very overwhelmed at times, any help is appreciated and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
879 Posts
Are you talking about replacing the half shafts that go between the front differential and the wheel hubs, or are you talking about replacing the front differential?

Just as an FYI, if you are talking about the half shafts (also known as CV axles), rockauto.com lists "standard replacement" ones from aftermarket companies in the range of $35 - $45, and an OEM one from ACDelco for ~$298.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
250 Posts
Are you talking about replacing the half shafts that go between the front differential and the wheel hubs, or are you talking about replacing the front differential?

Just as an FYI, if you are talking about the half shafts (also known as CV axles), rockauto.com lists "standard replacement" ones from aftermarket companies in the range of $35 - $45, and an OEM one from ACDelco for ~$298.
And if you don't want to be doing it again within a year, get the ACDelco part.

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's a 60 dollar cardone one with a lifetime warranty. I've got about 30k miles on it so far so good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts