Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys take that big muffler off and replace it with an aftermarket one or do you guys leave it on and just replace the resonator with a muffler or both with mufflers?

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Say, didn't you post just YESTERDAY: I will be putting on a 50 series delta flow muffler on today

Time to read up a bit in the archives (old threads) and check out people's profiles. Pretty much everybody takes off and discards the resonator, and replaces the stock muffler with a more free-flowing one.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks guys LOL I was going to put the 50 series on BUT advanced auto parts by me said they had it in stock but when I went there I found a 40 series in stock so that didn't work out. So I bought dynomax ultra flow. and was just curious on weather I should change both or just the muffler. I really don't understand the point of putting one in place of the muffler and then another where the resonator is. Thanks though rodie for making it clear. I looked at threads where they just put a muffler where the resonator was and that's about it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ripped off everything up to the cat and had a custom bent 3" piped flowmaster 50 delta hid underneath where that large muffler was with just the 4"tip coming out after the rear tire. Sounds fine. Loud at WOT and quite enough on the highway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.