Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to order component speakers for the front of the cab. crutchfield is having some summer sales that expire saturday... im wondering if its worth it to get 2 sets? ive read a ton of threads on it and have seen that the general concensus is that the speakers in the rear doors are mainly to fill in for the front. so couldnt i just move the ones in the front doors to the back doors? if i can, theres no point in ordering 2 sets of components. (non-bose/no onstar)

i may look into getting more into it and getting an amp later on... im not looking for competition-rated sound, just an upgrade. cant stand not hearing all the music with the windows down

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
id love to splurge and do it all correct all at one time. its just not in the budget now... i do want to retain the factory head unit. the TB is my third vehicle and both my previous ones have been broken into in various parking lots i probably shouldnt have been in but thats a different story. the head unit is obviously capable of powering comps (whether 2 doors or 4) until i can get an amp right?

sorry im pretty new to the technicalities of audio, its a little overwhelming jumping into db's ohm's & etc...

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for all the opinons & references to go by

i searched but couldnt find what wattage the non-bose oem head unit puts to each speaker. i dont imagine it being much but does anyone know?

also does anyone have pics of tweeters installs in the rear doors?

:thx

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cripes thats even less than i was afraid of. ok cool il look through there when i get home. most of the pics dont show up here at work. thanks!

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
first i want to say thank you guys for everything! and finally my last question is... ive read a few times that the stock non-bose system is 4 ohms. can anyone confirm or correct this info?

thanks again everyone :tiphat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.