Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to order component speakers for the front of the cab. crutchfield is having some summer sales that expire saturday... im wondering if its worth it to get 2 sets? ive read a ton of threads on it and have seen that the general concensus is that the speakers in the rear doors are mainly to fill in for the front. so couldnt i just move the ones in the front doors to the back doors? if i can, theres no point in ordering 2 sets of components. (non-bose/no onstar)

i may look into getting more into it and getting an amp later on... im not looking for competition-rated sound, just an upgrade. cant stand not hearing all the music with the windows down

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,638 Posts
welll i could tell you from experience, I had infinity coaxs all around they were nice sounded okay, then i put infinity comps up front, kept coaxs in the back and amped everything amazing sound clear as a bell and you heard everything, i just recently put comps in the back and all i can say is wow its so clean and sounds great, i like to listen to music loud and with this setup its crazy, clear as day you'd think your sitting there listing to it live..... its all up to your personal preference...... BUT!!!! I would check crutchfields prices agains sonicelectronix.com 's prices SE is normally dirt cheap lol and they have good customer service.

any more help just ask!

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
It's a matter of opinion.....I'm running front and rear comps at 90w x 4rms and the music sounds great....even with the windows down.

The front doors for non bose have a separate mid and tweet in each door pod....relocating those tweets to the rear would require some custom work. Not worth it for factory gear, imo.

edit- i did the same things 06TrailSkillz did...all coax, comps front/coax rear...front/rear comps is the best so far...at half the rated rms power:cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
id love to splurge and do it all correct all at one time. its just not in the budget now... i do want to retain the factory head unit. the TB is my third vehicle and both my previous ones have been broken into in various parking lots i probably shouldnt have been in but thats a different story. the head unit is obviously capable of powering comps (whether 2 doors or 4) until i can get an amp right?

sorry im pretty new to the technicalities of audio, its a little overwhelming jumping into db's ohm's & etc...

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,821 Posts
the head unit is obviously capable of powering comps (whether 2 doors or 4) until i can get an amp right?
sure it will play them, but they will not sound anywhere near as good as they are capable of

sorry im pretty new to the technicalities of audio, its a little overwhelming jumping into db's ohm's & etc...
it's not a problem, we all started somewhere. it's always better to ask then find out the hard way:cool:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_slt
4 Posts
I got 3 sets of 6 1/2" comps installed (front, rear & kick panels) plus 3 1/2" coaxials in the dash and amp'ed (100x 4). All Polk Audio Db series. They are so loud and crisp. A lot more accurate than the coaxials I had in my other vehicle. The more comps the better.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys for all the opinons & references to go by

i searched but couldnt find what wattage the non-bose oem head unit puts to each speaker. i dont imagine it being much but does anyone know?

also does anyone have pics of tweeters installs in the rear doors?

:thx

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
first i want to say thank you guys for everything! and finally my last question is... ive read a few times that the stock non-bose system is 4 ohms. can anyone confirm or correct this info?

thanks again everyone :tiphat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.