Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swore I would get this information out there, so pls share with anyone you know!!

This past Christmas, my son wanted one of the pocket rocket bikes (2 stroke, about knee-high, look like a crotch rocket bike). We ordered from Mini Pocket Rockets.com in San Gabriel CA. Christmas morning it took about 40 or 50 pulls to start, should have known something then. He rode it for about 5 minutes and the insulator on the spark plug burned up. Smoke rolling out from under it.

I get out the book and when the stores reopened, I got the plug called for. Felt like the piston was hitting the electrode, turns out the threads were too long. Called Customer Service and got Tech Support. Went through the story, they said they were not responsible for the wrong plug. I said you are if your book gives the wrong plug. Went on hold for a bit, they came back and said I was right, the wrong info was in the book and that it does not translate well from Chinese. They sent out the right plug. (One plus on their side...sent out a new brake assembly for the front. Son had broken it, and I was prepared to pay for a new one, but they included it..turned out to be the wrong part, though).

Still no start, and the pull cord was getting stuck out about every 5 pulls. Have to disassemble the cover and rewind it. Tech support says undo the kill switch and try it. ??? I did that and still no start. Say it's okay to run it with the kill switch unplugged, just touch the wire to the frame to turn the bike off. Say I need a new coil, so they send that out. New coil goes on, still no start.

Called back...the order number I have is no good. I must have gotten the bikes from somewhere else, they did not come from them. Show the order number I had but that it did not go through. If so, how do I have 3 bikes sitting there from them. Get this..."I don't know, but you did not get them from us."

Called back...take the coil off another bike that is starting (we ordered 3) and put it on this one. Did that, no start.

Called back...order number wrong conversation again.

Called back...get a different person, give them the same order number and they find it...sounds like you might need a new flywheel. Told them it is getting into parts that I am not comfortable replacing. Left a message with Tech Support about a month ago and have not heard back.

After much profanity and raised blood pressure, I have a $300 POS sitting in the shed that will not run. Here is where they get you...UPS/FedEx/etc. will not pick up something that has had gas in it due to Hazmat regs. But how do you know if it works or not, or how do you return something unless you put gas in and start it??

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY (MiniPocketRockets.com). They are not BBB members, but have an F rating on the BBB site.

Rant over, sorry for the length but thanks for letting me vent. I might start a fund for gas to haul this thing to CA and leave it on their doorstep.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2008 gmc envoy_sle_xl
389 Posts
Might make a nice anchor at the next fishing derby...throw in a journalist, a few beer and we are off and running!!! lol. Sorry to hear about the poor treatment. :undecided

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Older son got guitar hero. Pretty fun with some good songs!! I have thought about the bonfire route. 50:1 premix + match = good times!!

The pisser of it all is that he was 11 at the time and that is all he asked for for Christmas...even wrote out the letter to Santa for that. How do you explain corporate stupidity and slackness to an 11 yr old who has a huge heart. At a Christmas party game where you can "steal" presents from other people, he gave up one that he wanted to get the gift his older brother (17) wanted for him.

He did get some new catcher's gear and was happy about that, and he has never complained about the bike not working, just hard to see his cousins riding and him not able to.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
363 Posts
Sounds like you also need is a new pull start assembly. Don't take my word for it though, but something similar happened to me too 'bout a month ago, and a new spark plug and start assembly got my grass trimmer buzzing with one pull.

I know, grass trimmers and pocket bikes are two different machines - but I thought I'd just toss that out there.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
That really sucks! Those things are fun :yes: (but illegal here :rolleyes:)

I'm surprised it didn't come with a warranty. Try emptying out all the gas and asking of fedex would ship it :undecided

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I honestly don't know what is wrong with it, don't care at this point, and will not keep replacing this and that to see if it will work. There is a warranty, they send out the parts free that they "think" you need. On the site, it says FedEx/UPS, etc will not pick it up if it "has had" gas in it. Therefore, that eliminates all returns if you live any distance from them.

Call it an expensive lesson learned. I just know I'll never go back to them and will get the word to anyone I know looking for one of the bikes about their service.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about taking a road trip and visiting the company.. and then when you confront them about it.. "accidently" park on top of their foot with the Trailblazer :yes: I think that'd get them to give you just about anything that you asked them for. :raspberry
2 probs with that...
1. Gas too high to travel across country at this time.
2. Forget the foot, not sure I have the ground clearance to park on their heads!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for your post. The grass trimmer and bike are differenced each other. I hope that you have got your answer from many replies. Now, I'll tell you that if you need the best grass trimmers for your garden you can visit here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts