Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community Members,

We have posted previous messages announcing a new platform coming to your community that will provide a better experience, faster page speed and work seamlessly across all devices, including mobile. We are excited to announce that TrailVoy.com will be migrated to our new platform on Tuesday, October 8th. The site will be in maintenance mode and in read-only while the migration is happening. This is expected site behavior as we move all the archived content over to the new sites. There should be no change in the content within your profile. All thread content will also be migrated to the new site. Your community may look a little different but all of the important information will still be there!

If for any reason there is a change of date, we will keep you updated on an alternative rollout schedule for the site migration.
We look forward to your feedback on the new experience.

We appreciate your support!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all,

There were some additional complications with the migration of the community and we have rolled the site back until we can investigate further.

We have pushed the date back to TBD for now and will announce once we know more.

Jeff M

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle
53 Posts
Notifications

I've stopped getting the Hot Topics Newsletter. I haven't posted much lately as I have had no reason to. But reading the selection of active new posts keeps me informed and entertained enough without having to check every little new thing.
I still get them from your sister site, Escape.org, but not here. I'm wondering if my subscription email address got lost in the shuffle.

Great site BTW. Learning a lot about my Envoy. It has even helped track down problems with my 2001 S-10 Blazer since some of the operations are the same.:thx

·
Administrator
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there,

I've changed some setting on your account. The next newsletter should be sent out in a few days. Keep us posted if you receive it.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
It seems the new software no longer allows Trailvoy to host pictures so that if I want to post a picture I've taken I would have to pay for a hosting service somewhere else. The old picture posting was cumbersome but at least I could take a picture and upload it to Trailvoy without using another website to host it. Am I correct?

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
229 Posts
It seems the new software no longer allows Trailvoy to host pictures so that if I want to post a picture I've taken I would have to pay for a hosting service somewhere else. The old picture posting was cumbersome but at least I could take a picture and upload it to Trailvoy without using another website to host it. Am I correct?
I don't know about the old software , but , you seem to correct about the new .

I run into that on a few different sites that use similar software and have gone to using a free hosting site : https://postimages.org .
It is very easy to use . Simple and you can choose the size image .

·
Administrator
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Members,

We wanted to communicate that the new migration date will be scheduled for Tuesday, October 8th.

Thank you so much for all your patience.

~ Community Support

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,274 Posts
What about the question about not being able to add pictures (images) to threads? Is the new migration addressing that? It is an important feature to aid in helping fellow members.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
229 Posts
What about the question about not being able to add pictures (images) to threads? Is the new migration addressing that? It is an important feature to aid in helping fellow members.
Hmm , posting pics seems to work fine for me.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
340 Posts
Yes, you can post pictures from any website that hosts the picture. You posted a picture linked to https://file.kelleybluebookimages.com/kbb/base/house/2004/2004-GMC-Envoy-Front_GMENV041_505x375.jpg?

Try posting a picture from your computer or phone. That used to be possible because they would be uploaded to Trailvoy.com and stored there. Now that seems to no longer be possible. If I run out to the garage to take a quick picture to help someone out I also have to register and possibly pay for another totally different company to host my picture. Then I have to upload to that company so that Trailvoy can link to that companies website. It appears that Trailvoy no longer stores any pictures on their site which also means that if the company that is hosting the picture decides to change something, the link will be broken and the picture will disappear from Trailvoy. That is what has happened to most of the PhotoBucket pictures.

I can understand Trailvoy no longer wanting to host pictures. There is the expense of storing pictures and the bandwidth to send them to your computer when you view the thread. But what they have done is secretly make other companies pay for their ability to display pictures. That picture above is not coming through Trailvoy. Trailvoy is saving a couple dozen characters and when you view this thread they send you that address and your computer then goes to Kelly Blue Book and downloads it from there. So KBB has to pay for storing the picture and the bandwidth to transmit it. Trailvoy gets the ad revenue and KBB gets nothing. There are a lot of sites that block others from doing this so you are going to find more and more pictures aren't going to work because it is a form of theft. There are still a lot of kinks to be worked out in this internet thing and some people are going to take advantage of other's ignorance or generosity.

BTW, did you read the Terms of Service for that site you sent me to? Postimages.org. You can not store images on their site if they are "Copyrighted images if you don't own the copyright and are not licensed to do so." You can not legally send that picture above to that site because you don't own the copyright. KBB does. The Internet is not free!!! Someone has to pay for everything. One question you might ask yourself is where has the money come from to pay the staff of Postimage for the past 15 years?

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
229 Posts
You're right . Looks like hosting sites only . Not a huge surprise .
I've had that happen with almost every forum I visit .
I know of two forums that still host .

As for Postimage staff getting paid , maybe via ad revenue ?

And , I agree , nothing is free .

·
Administrator
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The site upgrade will definitely fix any issues with uploads, but I just checked settings and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with uploads right now. What happens when you try?

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
229 Posts
When I click the 'insert image' icon at the top of the reply box , a box drops down with 'JavaScript from "forums.trailvoy.com"' and 'Please enter the url of your image:' and an 'OK' or 'Cancel' button .

No 'Choose Image' button . Like there would be if I were able to upload from my laptop .

Hope that^ makes sense .

·
Administrator
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't click the "Insert Image" icon. Above and to the left of it is a paperclip icon. Click that to "add an attachment" and then add your image file.

Or, scroll down and click on the "Manage Attachments" button in the Additional Options area.

Kevin

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
229 Posts
Hmm , I don't see a 'paperclip' or a 'manage attachment' , but , I did find :