Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please take a moment to read the following announcement from the Autoforums.com Community Director:

As a team of automotive and powersports enthusiasts at AutoForums.com, we are pleased to announce that we have joined forces with Ralph and the TrailVoy.com web site.

Relieving site owners of the burden of administrative tasks and hosting issues, AutoForums.com brings experience from running more than one hundred enthusiast sites on the Internet. Our role here is to support the forum Moderators technically and help put in place features that would grow the community. We also understand that each community is different and work to accommodate those differences.

Successful sites quickly grow to the point where the founder will struggle to keep up with administrative and technical maintenance issues, leaving little or no time to participate in and enjoy the topical discussions that are fundamental to the site. It is those fundamentals that we have learned to preserve in our process of transition. Having said that, this is still your community and we are here to support the leaders of the community.

Ralph will still be around and possibly even more than he has been able to recently. The moderating team has committed to remain and continue building the various communities and we at Autoforums.com look forward to assisting in that objective. The existing leadership of these forums remains intact.

My name is Don Roy and I am your contact for any issues related to the transition and future of these sites. I look forward to your questions and your input. I am particularly interested in any outstanding issues or new features that you feel would help grow the community. You can reach me anytime by emailing [email protected]

The history and knowledge of these vehicles, contained in this forum, needs to be preserved and enhanced. That was Ralph’s mission and now it is ours. Please join us in making it happen.

Don Roy
Sr. Community Director
Autoforums.com

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
I have had bad experiences in life with "buyouts". I know it isn't the same and the best interest of the community is being kept in mind, so:thumbsup:. As long as we can keep on doing what we do here and not worry about some new boss looking over our shoulders, I'm for it.

·
West Chapter
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
3,398 Posts
Oh No! we've been assimilated, do I take the blue pill or the red pill, where's Morpheus when you need him :crackup:....seriously though, I agree with MrSmithsTB, as long as we can keep things the way we've been working it, then I don't see any major issues with it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt_xl
1,356 Posts
Resistance is Futile ..:nono:

Does this mean the Platinum section is going away? (just as I was thinking on rejoining it) :bonk:

·
Banned
2007 chevy
4,644 Posts
Resistance is Futile ..:nono:

Does this mean the Platinum section is going away?
I hope its here to stay:worried:

I guess this is a good thing in the fact that it will free up owner and mods from a great deal of responsibility that must go into managing TrailVoy.:tiphat

·
Western Canada Chapter
6,411 Posts
Well it's happened before ...... so as longs as we are helped and not changed to meet their expectations.

Right now we have a feeling of family and friends on the site and as long as the leadership remains the same, the family is the same.

I am all for the leadership getting less bogged down in day to day maintenance and administration. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Well it's happened before ...... so as longs as we are helped and not changed to meet their expectations.

Right now we have a feeling of family and friends on the site and as long as the leadership remains the same, the family is the same.

I am all for the leadership getting less bogged down in day to day maintenance and administration. :thumbsup:
:iagree:

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts

:iagree: Very Well Stated!!:D

·
Registered
2002 non_gmt360 other
1,069 Posts
Just read this ( I don't read the announcements all that often). I have been through one forum "change" and it was a pretty big forum and very active. Members from all over Canada and US ( and world for that matter)with some pretty big meets. Once the change took place, it KILLED the site and community. So they had to actually start up 2 or 3 other sites and now the community has gone against each other and it is a competition on how things are to go and it seems that you are either part of one site or the other. I didn't like it so I rarely go back and have lost contact with MANY members I have met over the years.

I just hope this doesn't happen.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
2,251 Posts
Just curious... but is there an 'undo button' built into the contract with them? What if they start changing things we don't want them to?... Can we ban them?

Just precautionary inquiries. :D
:iagree: :bonk: They're just hired as techies and admins for menial tasks, correct? They're not going to "cookie-cutter" us anytime soon? I don't take well to conformity. :rotfl:

(just noticed the date... nice bump there Mike... lolz sheesh! :dielaugh:)

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,105 Posts
if there is going to be any changes made, are they going to be proposed to the community first for approval? I've really enjoyed the way things go on this website and I'd hate to see anything change that.

But from what I read in that email, it sounds promising that this won't happen

1 - 20 of 28 Posts