Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, that's right. After years to install my switches and rear strobes, I bought some for the front!

So in about 2 years, I will have these installed once I get them :)

Got a set of blue Par36 strobes with spare lightheads.

Will post in like 2011 or so once I get them installed :raspberry

Chris

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
5,307 Posts
Yep, that's right. After years to install my switches and rear strobes, I bought some for the front!

So in about 2 years, I will have these installed once I get them :)

Got a set of blue Par36 strobes with spare lightheads.

Will post in like 2011 or so once I get them installed :raspberry

Chris
Good to see that you got some new toys. Of course, we will need pictures.

Also, my "other" site has had a little change in identity, but feel free to post this over there too, we need the traffic :laugh:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got them - Need opinions please!

Got the strobes in the mail the other day. I grabbed the wrong stock picture, these have the fluted lenses.

I was originally going to mount them behind the grille, but now I have other ideas :undecided. Need to get the wife on board with this one though. Yes, it's my truck, but I respect her opinions too.

Sorry no pics right now.....

YEAH RIGHT!!!! :crackup:
Here goes the pics -

The light heads:

Testing:

Potential mounting location. Here's what I need opinions on. How do you think they look? I just put them there temporarily, they would need a little adjustments (disregard the wires, obviously :crazy:)

Thanks in advance!

Chris

·
Registered
804 Posts
Paint the mounts black... Then tuck the talon up behind the rearview mirror:D

or better yet... I have a few lights you could snag for 150 and really get the front lit up.

I really want to sell the lights... I have my motivation since I may have to figure out a stealth install for a siren on a subaru:yes: Oh and I would be getting rid of all the blues and replacing them, hence the siren:excited:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
694 Posts
Chris,

Have you about mounting them in the side holes of the push bumper? You would also get an intersection angle if you put them there. Lots of the depts down here are putting lights there. VERY noticeable when your nose is in the intersection.:yes:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris,

Have you about mounting them in the side holes of the push bumper? You would also get an intersection angle if you put them there. Lots of the depts down here are putting lights there. VERY noticeable when your nose is in the intersection.:yes:
Hmmmmm., good idea. I will have to put them there to see if I like :)

I think they may block the headlights a little, will have to see.

Thanks for the idea.

Chris

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmmm., good idea. I will have to put them there to see if I like :)

I think they may block the headlights a little, will have to see.

Thanks for the idea.

Chris
Well I tried them in the side holes and, well, I did not like them. The bar is angled there, so it put them at a really funky angle.

Mario - If I did not already have the strobe pack, I would consider getting LED's :yes:. But I have the power supply with 4 potential open ports on it (2 will be used for the fogs...that's another issue altogether), so I would like to stay with strobes.

I think I like the original location, but with painting the mounts. I may paint them and then see what I think.

Thanks for the ideas gang!

Chris

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
28 Posts
Chris, have you considered putting them behind the grille? Or would that be too much work? I think that gives it a much more "undercover" (I know you're not a police officer, so maybe "unmarked"?) look hehe...

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chris, have you considered putting them behind the grille? Or would that be too much work? I think that gives it a much more "undercover" (I know you're not a police officer, so maybe "unmarked"?) look hehe...
Yeah. I was not sure how much would come through with the cross bar though. One of these days I will pull the grille and take a look. They are pretty bright, so I imagine there would be enough flash through for me :yes:

Gotta check out the mounting points back there too :yes:

Chris

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
3,329 Posts
As long as there are not too deep, shouldn't have any problems putting them back there. I know some members have lights back there. I used to have my TIR3's behind my grille. The mounting is the least of your concerns, Chris.... just about anything can be mounted there with a few brackets. You'll probably find, the biggest issue is decided exactly WHERE to put them. And that is not that hard a decision either... lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.