Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Your BLOWER quit working? Or do you have air coming out of the incorrect vents?

Buzzing could be as simple as a mouse took up residence in your blower housing. It could be an electrical issue, most of them are under $100 repairs.

If you could describe better what you hear, and under what conditions, we'll do what we can to talk you through it.

Do you have the digital or manual temperature control? Does the blower work at ANY of the speeds?

Are you experienced at troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems?

· Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Well this is what several dealers have told me and several of my friends.
Fascinating. A new myth to keep an eye out for. As Ray says, maybe turning off the AC compressor can save wear and tear if it's off when you start the engine, but our PCM already does this automatically. If you go WOT it also dumps the AC offline to give full power.

The off button stops the blower and cuts off the compressor, but the shop manual is silent on the question of whether it sends the mode actuator to a "park" position. I think it just leaves it where it was, but you have me curious.

The manual does say that with the blower off, outside air pressure will push air through the system and it will come out the windshield and floor vents. Recirculate mode will force the AC compressor to come on, to make sure you never get the totally unsafe "fogged windows from the inside" syndrome. So I don't see any combination of actuator positions to keep mice out of the blower.

If they sneak into the closed glove box from behind to steal napkins, they're very resourceful (and suicidal).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.