Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i am was wondering if i could convert my 2002 chevy trailblazer i6 to a column shifter. I know the chevy colorado is on a similar platform and shares the family of engines, and i belive the transmissions are both 4l60e's. Would it be possible to bolt in the colorado steering column and shift cable, and then put the trailblazer steering wheel and airbag on the colorado steering column? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
interesting question and option, but i doubt it.....

but we shall see what the gurus have to say

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
Anything can be done if you have the money to throw into it. However, I am not familiar with the workings of the Colorado mechanicals. I suppose any shift by wire system could be used as long as the correct wiring was changed and PCM reprogrammed(if needed and possible). You'd also either have to find a steering shaft assembly with the column shift that would work in our vehicles or figure out a feasible way to graft a shifter onto our column. I'm pretty confident in saying that this kind of modification is uncharted ground for our platform, and the only real way to find out is to do your homework and give it a go. Perhaps someone will have more insight, but I think it's a bigger undertaking than it is worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts