Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
did you make them smooth...or did you just paint them?.

I kinda want to do this mod....but i'm debating buying the smoothed ones

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you make them smooth...or did you just paint them?.

I kinda want to do this mod....but i'm debating buying the smoothed ones
i sanded them down pretty good, then primed and sanded again. came out pretty nice i think. could use more clear tho to help with rock chips, i only was able to put 3 coats that i had left in a can, wanted to do 5. but oh well. i also ended up snapping a clip on each of the covers which pissed me off but they stay on fine.

and thanks for all the comments guys
:tiphat

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
1,061 Posts
where did you get the paint?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where did you get the paint?
i got mine from automotivetouchup.com. it was pricey at $20 plus 7 somethin for shipping which kinda sucks just for paint but i've be wantin to do this for a while now and just went for it. but pepboys has a lot of duplicolors that are close matches for most GM vehicles. red jewel tintcoat tho is impossible to find, but i'd think they woud have your color there.:m2:

plus anyone planning on ordering from that website, it took 2 effin weeks to get it. for 5 day shipping?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,968 Posts
i got mine from automotivetouchup.com. it was pricey at $20 plus 7 somethin for shipping which kinda sucks just for paint but i've be wantin to do this for a while now and just went for it. but pepboys has a lot of duplicolors that are close matches for most GM vehicles. red jewel tintcoat tho is impossible to find, but i'd think they woud have your color there.:m2:

plus anyone planning on ordering from that website, it took 2 effin weeks to get it. for 5 day shipping?:rolleyes:
really? I just ordered form them and got it in 4 days......i was really impressed with them.....

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:iagree: I was happy with them too. Got mine in 3 days to NJ.

Your mirror covers look fantastoc :yes:

Chris
They look great. It's also on my list.
thanks guys...and with the paint maybe it was just my color that made it take long idk...but it did take over two weeks to get it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts