Went out this afternoon to fire up my '02 Envoy SLT. Temps last night were -20C. When I tried to start the truck it was -14C. Turned over twice then went click, click, click. Clock went to 12:00 but radio stations stayed put. CD changer started making noises like searching discs.
Put the charger on battery (battery is about 5 years old, Everready) and then got in my '12 Acadia SLT to start it up (new battery last month) Started no prob. Went back to the charging Envoy (this is like 2 minutes later) Charger says full charge. Tried her and she started right up.
At this time (and a few other times that I actually looked at the volt meter) it was showing about 6 - 8 volts for 2 -3 seconds, then a full 13-14 volts.
Doesn't seem to me that the battery is bad if it took a charge this quickly. Is there anything else that could cause this condition?