Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_3ss
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im tols that to put a cold air on my 2006 tbss i am going to need to move my washer fluid tank. anyone have any experience with this problem and any advice ? much appreciated

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
Who told you that? - Most of the CAI setups for the SS I've seen retain the tank. The tank is the bottom of the air cleaner box. Some of the kits replace the upper portion, but many consist of just a larger piping to allow greater air flow. Is there something else being added at the same time that might require it, maybe a forced induction setup?

One thing to watch out for, replacing the down pip on the SS pretty much requires a tune, otherwise you'll be running dangerously lean on the top end.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Thats true if you want to run a fenderwall or behind-the-brake duct intake, plus you'd have to do some cutting.

A normal CAI you do not have to move anything except remove the factory intake.

Most of the new intakes are just fine without a tune, but honestly its stupid IMO to buy an intake before a tune. Buy the tune first and either buy the CAI at the same time or have the tune setup for a CAI. It'll be a tad rich in the meantime, but just slap a CAI on in a month or so and call it good.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
254 Posts
I agree about the tune. When I put just the K&N intake on my truck, it would trip the dummy light for lean codes. Tune is a must for an intake. Good luck on your search for the perfect one. I now have a 4inch FWI and couldn't be happier!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts