Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has installed a cold air induction on their SS? I rigged one up for mine, using the original plastic tube from the maf to the throttle body and just eliminating the air box and filter. I used a large k&n filter I had lying around. I havent tried it out yet though. Should the battery be disconnected for a while before trying a new mod like this? I did install a cold air induction on my C6 last summer, it might have helped a tenth of a second in eigth mile if at all. Seemed like the C6 had a better induction system to begin with though.:yes:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
Welcome to the site :D I don't think you need to disconnect your battery. Just plug and play. Eliminating the box will increase air flow :yes:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
3,716 Posts
ieatglue said:
Eliminating the box will increase air flow :yes:
but it will also allow hot engine compartment air to be injested by the intake, and this can reduce power and you would have less then the stock filter and airbox.

If i were you, i would try and chop up the stock box to try and isolate the filter from the engine, but still use the larger filter. :m2:

And welcome!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Dacomputernerd said:
but it will also allow hot engine compartment air to be injested by the intake, and this can reduce power and you would have less then the stock filter and airbox.

If i were you, i would try and chop up the stock box to try and isolate the filter from the engine, but still use the larger filter. :m2:

And welcome!

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
318 Posts
Man, a couple searches would help this thread a lot! :)

1)- The stock box is sealed pretty good
2)- The vent in the grill really does work. The intake temps are very close to ambient temps when testing.
3)- You can open up the hole in the grill if you like for more flow.
4)- Several memebers have made different combinations of K&N filters work with the stock box.
5)- Search for more info. This site is a great source of info.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
TBSSTony said:
Man, a couple searches would help this thread a lot! :)

1)- The stock box is sealed pretty good
2)- The vent in the grill really does work. The intake temps are very close to ambient temps when testing.
3)- You can open up the hole in the grill if you like for more flow.
4)- Several memebers have made different combinations of K&N filters work with the stock box.
5)- Search for more info. This site is a great source of info.
I understand what you're saying but plebty of times a thread goes off topic some and there's no way to retrieve the info, so I don't mind re-reading a couple of questions no and then...sometimes it even brings new ideas to light.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_lt
318 Posts
TonyGXP said:
I understand what you're saying but plebty of times a thread goes off topic some and there's no way to retrieve the info, so I don't mind re-reading a couple of questions no and then...sometimes it even brings new ideas to light.
Yeah I know. And depending on the day, I spend too much time on here, so I can read just about everything lol. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts