Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 envoy blows cold air out the driver side vents and hot on the passenger side.
I have changed the climate control module with a brand new one and Im still having a the same problem. I purchased the new one and it was blowing hot for a few minutes then turned cold again.
Any idea what this can be?
Temp actuator?
Mode actuator?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,054 Posts
Drivers side temperature blend door actuator. On most GMT360 this is the same part# as the defrost actuator. The blend door actuator is located naturally on the drivers side footwell/console area. There are 3 actuators on the drivers side. The blend door actuator is the rearmost one and the most difficult to get at. There is some metal bracketry in front of it but it can be changed without removing too much.

IMG_20190318_154533.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A quick question can you please tell me the difference between the blend door actuator and driverside temp actuator?
The reason I'm asking is that I know I changed an actuator over the summer I believe it was the blend door because I was not getting AC out the driverside vents.
Also, is Dorman a good company to get? I was looking for the ACDelco but they're hard to find.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Blend door is the same as temperature control. It blends heated with cooled air to deliver the requested temperature.

Mode actuator is the one most responsible for where the air goes.

Once you have the GM part# you can usually google that and may get you equivalent replacements.

Post #2 in this thread , the picture is of a 2002 with automatic (digital) controls (rpo CJ2) temperature blend door actuator. Original part # 16164972

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your response
I replaced the mode door actuator in August ACDelco.
I thought I would have heat on the driver side but I don't so I should change the driver side temp/defrost actuator correct?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You should replace the temperature blend door actuator to resolve the temperature control issue. The defrost actuator is the same part number, but it is for the defrost outlets air delivery control. Has nothing to do with temperature.

There are 3 actuators on the drivers side. Two of them are right next to each other. The defrost is the one closest to the front of the vehicle. The Mode actuator is right next to that one. The temperature blend door actuator is tucked in close to the center console with some metal of the dashboard frame right over it. It's the hardest one to get to on the drivers side. Helps to have a small right angled ratchet wrench and some short extensions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts