Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into lowering my ride by a few inches, my buddy as an airbag setup for his little S10 and he can drop that baby to the frame. I want to know whats out there for a 2004 LT EXT TB. I have been looking online but I know that the best answers come from this site. I want to have total control to lower and raise. Will this make me ride stiffer? I already have 22"....:undecided

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
Only product currently availible is from Air Ride Technologies. It will not lay the truck on the ground. There is the possibility that Slam Specialties is going to have a kit of the front soon:cool: If you want to lay it on the ground you will have to do some cutting. Lucky you have the EXT as you'll just have to cut into the cargo area and not into the doors like us non-ext guys:(

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only product currently availible is from Air Ride Technologies. It will not lay the truck on the ground. There is the possibility that Slam Specialties is going to have a kit of the front soon:cool: If you want to lay it on the ground you will have to do some cutting. Lucky you have the EXT as you'll just have to cut into the cargo area and not into the doors like us non-ext guys:(
I really don't want to slam it all the way to the ground but be able to raise and lower it as needed.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
If you want to drop it more than 2" up front you will need to lose 4WD. Cant use airbags or springs and drop more than 2" up front without contacting the front axleshafts.

Eventually Ill get some kbee coilovers which can drop an SS 2" or raise it 1" plus dampening control, they are the absolute best way to drop our trucks. Expensive, but the best way.

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
If you want to drop it more than 2" up front you will need to lose 4WD. Cant use airbags or springs and drop more than 2" up front without contacting the front axleshafts.

Eventually Ill get some kbee coilovers which can drop an SS 2" or raise it 1" plus dampening control, they are the absolute best way to drop our trucks. Expensive, but the best way.
Actually the Shockwaves from Air Ride use the factory lower shock mount so they should not contact the front shafts. It's the DJM lower mounts that you can't use because they are shorter and will hit the shaft.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
what kind of bags go out back??can u make that work just likee a bag over axle and make the bags mount where the springs were?

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle
3,097 Posts
what kind of bags go out back??can u make that work just likee a bag over axle and make the bags mount where the springs were?
Air Ride's bags just have brackets that fit the rear spring perch. It just a slightly different version of the ones that come stock on certain models of the Trailblazer like the SS.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
266 Posts
any one got any pics of a tbss airbag suspension never seen one. wouldnt mind having. i wanna sit at about 4.5 to 5" low in the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts