Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very limited knowledge on this, but was wondering if anyone could help me.

Own an '04 Chevy Trailblazer with approx 130,000 miles. Body's in pretty good condition, however undercarriage pretty rusty.

Getting these three codes:

P0106: Manifold Absolute Pressure
P0140: Secondary Air Injection System
P0128: Coolant Temp Below Operating Temp

Have already replaced the fan clutch. Thought it would help with the first two problems. No go. I am also getting ready to replace all of the stepper motors on the instrument cluster, as all of them except speedo have died on me. Am waiting for the parts to come in, and will be tackling that soon.

I'm sure I need a new thermostat. Should I try and tackle this myself or take it in?

And any ideas on what to do with the other two?

Am completely lost here. Have already replaced the power steering line as well, cost me $400, so am trying to do as much on my own as possible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
misc codes

I had 2 of the 3 you have. The PO128 is a thermostat that is sticking open.The PO106 is for the map sensor. Before replacing, I would remove the air intake box leading to the throttle body and disconnect the battery and clean the throttle body. The engine will idle high for up to a day,but the light should go out.I replaced the sensor and the light was out for 15 minutes. The throttle body is more than likely dirty with carbon build up,giving the map a false reading.The PO410 I can't help you with.Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.