Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My troubles all started after I brought my 02 trailblazer to AutoZone for them to diagnose why my check engine light was on. The result was that my fan wasn't running as optimally as usual, and he said, "Your fan is still working and your SUV isn't overheating so I wouldn't worry about it too much." I checked a few fuses and replaced one I found broken.deI drove 5 minutes to my house during which the REDUCED ENGINE POWER light came on. I haven't been able to start it since I got home that day and killed the engine. (Took out the key)
I've since brought my battery to be tested and it was bad so I got another one under warranty. Truck still wouldn't start. I hooked up the code scanner again and a code for my ignition was the only error code that came up. I changed the ignition switch but still no start. I bought a lock cylinder and had a friends install it but still would not start. When the keys are in the ignition and turned to the on n positioning battery light stays on and no longer the check engine light. I read about the gears on the ignition switch have to be exactly the same as the one I replaced but I didn't check the gears before installing. I'm about to go play around with it and see if that is the problem. But if not then I don't know what to do next. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be??!! :bonk:

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
106 Posts
Could be a faulty ignition interlock switch. There is a way to bypass it but I do not recall how.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts