Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! My 2005 Chevy TrailBlazer recently started lacking of power. Found out that the throttle butterfly does not fully open and even when the engine is reving at 4000 RPM it does not accelerate. The car is barely able to climb hills without slowing down. The code P2119 came up refering to throttle body assembly and accelerator pedal assembly, so I changed both. After test driving it, I did not see any difference. Wiring and connectors looks good. Fuses are good. Running out of ideas of what to look at now. Any of you would know what could be the problem or had experienced the same issue ?

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
198 Posts
Hi chloe_pb.

Keep in mind that these DTC's are an interpretation of data, but not data themselves.

The P2119 sets when the PCM does not see the throttle place return to the home position before the PCM goes to sleep. This could be caused by anything from a faulty sensor, the wiring, a bad ground, a bad PCM, or something mechanically preventing the throttle plate from moving to default postion.

It does not indicate that the throttle position sensors or the accelerator position sensors are bad. This is the equivalent to going to a doctor because you have a runny nose and the doctor recommends replacing your nose. It's just not an appropriate diagnosis method.

We have the same diagnosis going on this this thread.

https://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=122986

Maybe pop on over there and follow along.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts