Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in a new fan clutch because the a/c was blowing warm at idle and was going on a long trip. On the return of a 1400 mile trip the engine light came on (P1481 from autozone) the engine does not overheat and the fan is not locked on. What can I do to get the SEL off? I have to have the state do an Emissions check to get license plates.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,203 Posts
That code usually indicates a damaged clutch wiring harness. The wiring coming from the clutch itself to the connector at the edge of the fan shroud is most likely damaged. (Insulation rubbed through). This results in either no signal going to/from the clutch or a shorted signal. You'll basically need to pull the clutch back off (sorry) and examine the wiring from the clutch connector to the connector at the shroud.....usually the damage is close to the clutch and is a result of the spinning clutch assembly rubbing against the wiring harness. - If its not bad, repairing the wiring may be possible, other wise you'll need to replace that 2' section from connector to connector.

Here is a picture of the problem area:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked all the wires and nothing seems to be wrong. Again, I changed the fan prior due to the a/c blowing warm at idle with no engine light. After I switched fan clutches I still have warm air at idle and code P1481. ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts